Backtrack player

• I wonder if there is enough room for this.
    Create a backtrack folder on the USB key then go into the "performance mode"...select Player then into the list of backtracks select one of them and play.

It could display a player with :

***********************************************************************************
    <play/pause> <stop> <loop begin/loop end> on the soft buttons

LITTLE WING
    =================== progression bar

<backward/forward> on the first rotary encoder turn the knob in order to move
    ***********************************************************************************

I would like to be able to jam on backtracks using my kpa.

Edited 3 times, last by mba ().

• I think it's not a great idea to use the performance mode position for the player because you should be able to build your tone in the same time.
    The player should be available as an effect and you should be able to select it an put in the slot of your choice.
    Then when your tone is ok, you just go in the player slot to work with it.

<play/pause> <stop> <loop begin/loop end> <stop looping> on the soft buttons

LITTLE WING
    =================== progression bar

<backward/forward> <mix> first and second rotary encoders

I just added a mix button and the stop looping knob

• It should not take a lot of processing so for sure it's doable. :D
    (and believe me a lot of people would be happy with this)

There are tons of good free backtracks on the net.

• I think it's a great idea if you just want jam on backtrack without turn on your PC or simply because you haven't you PC with you (travel etc...). You just need headphones and an usb key.

• Sorry, bro, but it's a terrible idea. :D

Where were you when you typed your post, at your computer?
    Well, there's your backtrack player, your computer. :thumbup:

It takes me 15 minutes to start my computer connect my sound system (card + satellite) wire all the system with the KPA, configure the DAW etc..
    At the end i feel that i can't move because there is so much wires close to me that IS terrible.
    By the way, when i'm ready i get a big buzzz coming from the screen of my laptop to much close to the KPA...or a ground loop. I can listen to the romantic music of the Hard drive.

It would be a new strong point for the KPA.

By the way i made today my first tests with a microphone and it's just unbelievable.

• It is a great idea. I've mentioned it before as well. The Roland GR-55 has a backing track player built into it and reads them off the USB Thumbdrive. You can use a computer to play tracks, but for those of us that play gigs using backing tracks, bringing one less piece of gear is great. Until then, it isn't much trouble playing them back via an ipod/ipad, but if it was done right via the Kemper it would be a useful feature for me.

• :) While I love the convenience of having a one-stop-shop solution in the KPA with a potential Backing tracks player - I would not want Kemper to waste any of that precious real-estate (program memory & DSP bandwidth) on any thing other than pure world-class effects and amp/cabinet simulations.

I bought this box after a lot of deliberation - and especially because I own a Virus Ti as well ;). No frills except for pristine sound please?

Thanks,

-Manish

• I use a Mackie 402-VLZ3 with my Kemper. Any mixer would do, I imagine. The Mackie seemed to me to have the most bang for the buck at $99, and it doesn't color the sound to my ears.

I can plug an iPod, computer, cd player, whatever I want, into the mixer and jam along to my heart's content. There are a lot of apps for the iPhone or computers that allow you to change the pitch of a song, slow it down, loop a section, etc.

I used to use the send/return on my Eleven Rack and place it at the end of the chain to plug in an iPod. Not sure if this is reasonable on the Kemper.