Finally completed the "PURGE"

• After compiling more and more rigs because of how fun it is. I finally decided that 1200 rigs was WAY too many. A lot of the factory rigs just weren't getting used and a lot of the rigs I downloaded either weren't great or had multiple versions of the same amp going. My Kemper was taking well over a minute to boot so I started the purge.

The way I did it (not sure if there was a better way) was as follows:

Cleared my UBS shared folder
    exported all rigs to USB
    Deleted all Rigs from Kemper quickly hitting "Delete" and "YES" one after another (took about 5 minutes)
    opened shared folder on PC and cleared off all Rigs I knew I wasn't using. got it down to about 300
    Went through and listened and checked the remaining rigs and deleted about 100 more
    Cleared my UBS shared folder Again
    exported all rigs to USB Again
    Backup Kemper

From now on when I test downloaded rigs I will delete them immediately if I don't want to keep them

Kemper Boots really quickly now

• I did the same thing about a month a go to get my KPA down to it's "fighting weight". I program presets with effects for stage use so I want to keep the bulk programs lean. I was down to about 150 but then I found the ADA in storage and some other cool rigs on the exchange so I'm back up to about 200. I keep a file on my PC with all of the profiles I've deleted but it's like boxes in storage, I'll become a little less sentimental when I realize I haven't used them for 6 months.

• No need to delete your rigs/cabs/amps/etc one by one. Just save a backup file to USB, open it on a PC with WinRAR and delete the rigs you don't want. Then Restore it on the KPA - voila, all clean. :)

-djh

• I was below 200, but then I got both AmpPack from Andy....It's going to be difficult to delete something, I must approach it from the side "what do I need today?" 8o :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• No need to delete your rigs/cabs/amps/etc one by one. Just save a backup file to USB, open it on a PC with WinRAR and delete the rigs you don't want. Then Restore it on the KPA - voila, all clean. :)

-djh

Great idea if you know exactly which amps you want. However, I want to go through the auditioning process with each one.
    Well, I deleted 300+ tonight, now I'm down to around ~1,000 :rolleyes: . Slow and arduous, but I'm finding I like some amps I didn't know about.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• If anyone knows how to clear snapshot views that would be really helpful.

I've slimmed down from around 1700 - include many duplicates and Andy's great rigs, to around 300 which is manageable. However I've nearly that number in the snapshot function too, including many I've deleted...

Many thanks

Neil

ps this does feel like profile addict confessionals