will "pulling the power plug" damage the KPA?

• I'd love to connect my KPA to my power distributor so with one flick of the switch all my units (audio interface, midi floor controller, speakers etc) fire up and ready to rock. Except I'm worried about hard-stopping the KPA but killing the power. It seems when manually powering off unit using the 'chicken head' switch it does a graceful shutdown, and I don't want to inadvertently break anything. Anyone else doing something similar?

• I had a blackout while playing and the unit still work, but I would not recommend it. I assume it does have a shutdown procedure working in the background

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'd love to connect my KPA to my power distributor so with one flick of the switch all my units (audio interface, midi floor controller, speakers etc) fire up and ready to rock. Except I'm worried about hard-stopping the KPA but killing the power. It seems when manually powering off unit using the 'chicken head' switch it does a graceful shutdown, and I don't want to inadvertently break anything. Anyone else doing something similar?

Turning the unit off with the chickenhead is better, since there are indeed some procedures during shutdown. It won't break your unit when you pull the power, but to keep performance up (boot time etc.), you should, at least once a while, shut it down properly with the chickenhead to give the system a chance to shutdown properly. The general recommendation is: use the chickenhead to turn the KPA off.

Timo