profiles getting low ratings maybe i should remove them

• my profiles are getting bad ratings although they got good comments in the forum they are match eqs of particular songs and not just random tones can people please judtge them based on the song they are from and how much they sound like that or should i just delete them?

• I would give a Rat A$$ about what people rates. Firstly a lot of people do not rate at all, secondly ...who cares! If you like them, somebody else will like them as well and will have a use for it. Leave them where they are. I have not tried them (BTW: under which name are they uploaded?)...yet

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I noticed if you download a rig and check in a few days for new uploads that if you hover your mouse accidentally over the stars that it will rate that rig, even if you didn't mean to.
    It's kind of strange in it's behavior.

• thanks brian appreciate it i used voxengo curve eq to match to begining of rock that amkes me roll on the soldiers under command album probably still need to tweak the high frequencies some though

• I wouldnt worry about the ratings....everyone has different tastes and plays / hears through different equipment with a different guitar etc.... the important thing is that youre sharing your amps so dont stop doing that !!!!

• I wouldn't sweat the ratings at all. Some people follow up after testing profiles but most people don't. I'll see a new batch of 5 profiles and an hour later all 5 have 1 vote each at 5 stars, liked someone egged a KPA friend into racking up their star count. C'mon folks, we're not trying to elect a president here, you don't have to fluff the numbers. Plus, one persons throw-away is another persons grail-tone. I run through a power amp set-up and have all of my presets dialed in to sound killer. I changed up the setup to run a small EH 22 Caliber into a 1x12 Boogie cab to do some run throughs with another guitarist at low volume. My go-to presets sound like crap in this structure, I've found a few back up settings that will get me through. Point being that we are all running different set ups with different needs and different tone tastes.
    The fact is that any addition to the rig exchange is welcome as long as it is not something tweaked to the point of crashing ones KPA. The more the merrier as the saying goes. Don't sweat the small stuff JHERC (Daedalus has got Helena Herc, Daedalus has got Helena!) I most certainly appreciate all additions to the rig exchange. You might be passing the time six months from now and receive a message from someone who just loaded your preset and is completely blown away. Don't be discouraged, keep experimenting and sharing. This is a huge part of what makes the KPA experience great! :thumbup:

• Don't take it personally. This IS the Internet, after all.

I never pay a ton of attention to the ratings unless there's a ton of good or bad ones.

I tried your profiles and thought they were great.

• I agree with the others. I had no idea until last week as to how to do it, I thought it might be to do with number of downloads...

And I remember feeling dissappointed, then happier when my ratings improved.

Neil

• I noticed if you download a rig and check in a few days for new uploads that if you hover your mouse accidentally over the stars that it will rate that rig, even if you didn't mean to.
    It's kind of strange in it's behavior.

No, by only hovering over it you do not actually rate. It's true that if you hover over it and then move your mouse out of the stars again they keep displaying the 'rating' which your hovering caused. I also find this confusing. However it will only really count your rating if you also click on it.

Cheers,
    Markus

• I would like the rating system to be replaced by "Like" button (as somebody has already suggested). Those who didn't like (or didn't think their cup of tea) the profile: Don't bother. Those who enjoyed/liked it: Click like button - you don't have to spend time figuring out how many stars. That way, we'll have general idea on how good the profile is. -Jake (P.S. I did like your profiles but didn't rate them...)

• Sad thing about the ratings though is some people myself included will hesitate or not download because of the profiles rating.
    Kind of like buying anything I like to read the reviews, (none in this case) but at the end of the day is my choice. Most of the profiles I've tried with bad ratings weren't that good, most likely they were experimenting with profiling, but there are some really good ones with bad ratings. So as everyone else is saying don't sweat it dude if they want to really hear the amp, they will download it. And as someone said above maybe it is a competition thing.

Other things to think about.....everyone is looking for different tones, and coping what has been talked about on this forum is there are several types of profiles and the way they're used. Example, a profile for headphones probably will have to be tweaked for studio monitors, a profile for cutting through the mix will definitely sound different etc. So people are probably rating them without knowing the profile purpose.

• a profile for headphones probably will have to be tweaked for studio monitors, a profile for cutting through the mix will definitely sound different

One thing about the KPA is that a good tone will remain good through headphones, PA or live....at the same perceived loudness... 8o 8)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I would like the rating system to be replaced by "Like" button (as somebody has already suggested). Those who didn't like (or didn't think their cup of tea) the profile: Don't bother. Those who enjoyed/liked it: Click like button - you don't have to spend time figuring out how many stars. That way, we'll have general idea on how good the profile is. -Jake (P.S. I did like your profiles but didn't rate them...)

Exactly... Replace the Rating with a like button...

• the thing about the profiles i added was that they were for specific songs from specific artists , namely sister christian solo from night ranger and a stryper song , I doubt if those guys rating them even listen to that stuff, maybe they are looking for dropped tuned chunk i dont know ,

I even put a version of sister christian from the rock band multitracks , witht he guitars removed , and my kemper guitars added and a track of the kemper by itself to show that it was close.
    http://soundcloud.com/jhercule…ster-christian-kemper-sag
    http://soundcloud.com/jherculees1/sister-christian-kemper

And yes you guys are right a like button would be better maybe than the rating

• the thing about the profiles i added was that they were for specific songs from specific artists , namely sister christian solo from night ranger and a stryper song , I doubt if those guys rating them even listen to that stuff, maybe they are looking for dropped tuned chunk i dont know ,

I even put a version of sister christian from the rock band multitracks , witht he guitars removed , and my kemper guitars added and a track of the kemper by itself to show that it was close.
    http://soundcloud.com/jhercule…ster-christian-kemper-sag
    http://soundcloud.com/jherculees1/sister-christian-kemper

And yes you guys are right a like button would be better maybe than the rating

Don´t worry, i had the same situation with some of the ozone tone matches i did. Without playing those rigs in the context of the song with the right multitracks the guitars often sound weird. If i was to judge Metallicas guitar tones without the rest of the tracks i really would hate that sound... Even if we all had the same taste of guitar tones it would still be that "in the room vs. in the mix" sound. It´s really rare that the same rig works equally well for both situations.