FW 1.5.0 comments...

• The method that worked for the others worked for me too (i.e., downgrade to 1.1.1 > delete all rigs > update to 1.5 > add rigs back). So anyone with issues upgrading should try this. Everything working great now.

• The method that worked for the others worked for me too (i.e., downgrade to 1.1.1 > delete all rigs > update to 1.5 > add rigs back). So anyone with issues upgrading should try this. Everything working great now.

I havent upgraded yet, because I'm wondering if it has anything to do with having lot's of rigs on the unit, if that's the case i'm in trouble.. :) Just haven't had the time to clean up all the unwanted profiles yet, curious if you guys who had trouble have a lot of rigs?

• I havent upgraded yet, because I'm wondering if it has anything to do with having lot's of rigs on the unit, if that's the case i'm in trouble.. :) Just haven't had the time to clean up all the unwanted profiles yet, curious if you guys who had trouble have a lot of rigs?

Guilty as charged. I have lots and lots of rigs (probably around 1500 rigs). It has never really been an issue until now and even now it wasn't a big deal since they're back on my KPA after the update :D.

• installed with no problem, but I've noticed clicking spdif issue. I've updated from 1.1.0 (no clicking in this version) to 1.5.0 and I noticed some (not many) clicking issue using directly spdif out and reamping.

anybody with this problem???. I didn't update from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 because I heard a lot of comments about clicking, and I thought that that issue was completely solved in 1.5.0.

• I havent upgraded yet, because I'm wondering if it has anything to do with having lot's of rigs on the unit, if that's the case i'm in trouble.. :) Just haven't had the time to clean up all the unwanted profiles yet, curious if you guys who had trouble have a lot of rigs?

I'm not sure if it is a direct connection between the shear count of Rigs and those problems, since I was over 2.000 and got the update to work with 1.672 rigs and Hoth was already in trouble with 1.500 and needed to cut down from there to make it work.

In a first attempt I deleted around 10 profiles from the backup to make it come out at 1.999 as I thought that maybe 2.000 was a magical number. Well it wasn't, it still wouldn't work. So I deleted much more rigs.

When I already had 1.1.1 reinstalled and the KPA up and running I tried a restore of that 2.000 rigs backup file and that would gave me the very same error message. Although the KPA would at least reboot with 1.1.1 ;)

The crash comes when the Kemper is about to reorganize his memory and it could be another issue as well. Maybe me and the other guys with problems all have the very same corrupted rig, who knows? I do know that I have every rig I could get hold on from very early on so it is impossible for me to try and see if a single profile is giving me this problem.

• I don't want to upgrade because my KPA is working great with 1.1.

But I'm curious:
    Where can I find more information about "added: new Control Change #s can be controlled via expression pedal:"?

Thanks.

• @ Tenderboy &TMV Cheers for the info on the spdif guys if this problem is near fixed ill be chuffed. I'm about to take the plunge I'm getting rid of most profiles first Going from around 1900 down to the 20 i use the most Ive become a collectorholic and that stops here, I hope :)

• So far I've experienced no s/pdif clicking with FW1.5. I use to get it often with 1.1.1 specially when enabling the stomps. So I'm happy :thumbup:

Weird thing I get though is the message 'Tuning Storage..." about 10 seconds after boot-up, even if I haven't changed anything. Had this with 1.1.1 too. Is it a feature or a bug?

• So far I've experienced no s/pdif clicking with FW1.5. I use to get it often with 1.1.1 specially when enabling the stomps. So I'm happy :thumbup:

Weird thing I get though is the message 'Tuning Storage..." about 10 seconds after boot-up, even if I haven't changed anything. Had this with 1.1.1 too. Is it a feature or a bug?

idem ;(

• So far so good here. I had problems installing the firmware the kemper just went dead during the update and wouldn't turn back on so i unplugged for 30 mins and She was alive again with the latest firmware. For me the spdif crackles are mostly gone though i have had crackles briefly i couldn't repeat them. Ill give it a more thorough test tomorrow.

• .... regarding rig counter. In the Rig Browse screen you can see which position the rig actually selected has compared to the overall number of rigs matching the active filter e. g. 'Favourites'. If you select the filter 'All Rigs' you can see the amount of all your rigs there. In case you have just the factory rigs installed, this amount is actually 314.