FW 1.5.0 comments...

• The error message is indicating a memory problem, which will depend on the number of rigs as well as presets (e. g. cabinet presets). Two customers have raised related support tickets, but we are still waiting for a backup in order to exactly reproduce the problem.

In any case it's a great idea to clean up and keep the number of rigs, which are stored on the Profiler, at a level, which is managable.

• I just did the upgrade after reading about the fixed bug with the MIDI volume at startup.
    Everything went fine, I have online 20 rigs.

I want to say THANK YOU for not altering the sound with the upgrades! This was a big issue for me with my former device.

• All of my favorits has disappeared in 1.5? Maybe I'm wrong, but the tremolo fx seams different. You need to turn up the settings more to get the same amount of effect compered to 1.1? I would love some tips/explanations to how to best use the new features in the Output source page 1. Best regards/Hans J

.... regarding rig counter. In the Rig Browse screen you can see which position the rig actually selected has compared to the overall number of rigs matching the active filter e. g. 'Favourites'. If you select the filter 'All Rigs' you can see the amount of all your rigs there. In case you have just the factory rigs installed, this amount is actually 314.

• I would love some tips/explanations to how to best use the new features in the Output source page 1. Best regards/Hans J

The Addendum that comes with the FW has some tips on this.

One thing I have dabbled with is to setup the SPDIF to carry the DI signal and the rig signal up to stack (setting "git /stack"). The main out is set to carry just the wet delay and reverb (setting surprisingly "delay / reverb wet").

This way I can record the dry rig and the DI (incase I would like to reamp) via SPDIF and still have the stereo delay and reverb monitored via the analog inputs of my audiointerface while recording. You could ofcourse record the delay and/or reverb on a separate stereo track so later on you could set the level of those in relation to the dry sound while mixing - this is pretty cool . I mainly use delays and reverbs on my DAW but this is fun as the delays and reverbs of KPA sound really good.

Nothing special in that, but something I got excited about with the new output source possibilities - they provide real flexibility!

• So far I've experienced no s/pdif clicking with FW1.5. I use to get it often with 1.1.1 specially when enabling the stomps. So I'm happy :thumbup:

Weird thing I get though is the message 'Tuning Storage..." about 10 seconds after boot-up, even if I haven't changed anything. Had this with 1.1.1 too. Is it a feature or a bug?

Yes I also get this "Tuning Storage" message every single time with 1.5

• Yes I also get this "Tuning Storage" message every single time with 1.5

This is indicating the difference in boot time between fast and not so fast. Nothing changed, except the process is being displayed now. Check if it does get faster when you switch the KPA properly off with the chickenhead switch.
    Timo

• I update with about 2100 rigs, failed. Erase the flash, then update, done. Then import 2100 rigs, done. Then restore the factory rigs, error again. Using 1.1 now.

So kpa do has a rig limitation? Wondering if the room that rigs using are sharing with cab and those effects presets? Means you have more rigs then you don't have more presets?

And does anyone knows how to export cab or preset?

• Well, I tried and succeeded with the update! :thumbup:

I did a backup and exported all of my rigs first...just to be on the safe side. And, several hours later, everything works as it should. :)

• This is indicating the difference in boot time between fast and not so fast. Nothing changed, except the process is being displayed now. Check if it does get faster when you switch the KPA properly off with the chickenhead switch.
    Timo

The message comes up every single time the KPA is turned on, I always turn the KPA off properly with the chicken head switch (is there any other/improper way?) and it's not gotten any faster unfortunately.

• No one seems to have noticed my comment, so I'm pasting it here again. All of my favorits has disappeared in 1.5? Maybe I'm wrong, but the tremolo fx seems different. You need to turn up the settings more to get the same amount of effect compered to 1.1? /Hans J

• No one seems to have noticed my comment, so I'm pasting it here again. All of my favorits has disappeared in 1.5? Maybe I'm wrong, but the tremolo fx seems different. You need to turn up the settings more to get the same amount of effect compered to 1.1? /Hans J

Did you update normally or did you perform some kind of reset before/during the update process?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Update successful with 1592 rigs installed.

I have been going through all of the rigs & deleting those that I didn't need. Sometimes I will see posts where somebody raves about a particular rig, so I reinstall it & try it. Usually to find that I still don't need it. I love the Kemper!

• The tremolo depth control was broken in 1.1. It was always at max regardless of what you set it to. That's been fixed in 1.5. That's why you have to turn it up to get back to what it was in 1.1.

Tremolo stomp issue?

Brian

No one seems to have noticed my comment, so I'm pasting it here again. All of my favorits has disappeared in 1.5? Maybe I'm wrong, but the tremolo fx seems different. You need to turn up the settings more to get the same amount of effect compered to 1.1? /Hans J

• I updated successfully with 1300 rigs , I thought I might have trouble after reading all the posts here and backed up all my rigs just in case, but it went smoothly and my favorites are still fine.

I like the new output options now i can record the guitar into the daw without reverb and effects on one output and hear the reverb and effects for monitoring on another
    nice!!

• updating took a time , maybe more than 10 minutes or so , I am just over 1700 rigs .
    I like so much a new way of browsing cabs and amps , it looks like a lot of fun !
    didn't tried new output management , will do it over the weekend
    favorites are there , everything fine .
    so far so good , Kemper did it again ! :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)