FW 1.5.0 comments...

• Update with 1664 rigs on it....
    After I started the update I left the room for a little Franzikaner Dark Weizenbeer. When I came back the display was dark also. Funny! How did it know? :thumbup:
    No reaction on any knob, not powering on again. So I unplugged it for some minutes, then plugged again and turned on and it finalized the update. Yessss!
    BTW: There are so many contents in the backup files besides the rigs like cabs, fxs and more, so I guess the number of rigs alone isn't the information where anyone can see if the memory is at it's limit, right?

• I'm another person who was waiting for a release version of 1.1... and now it's been skipped with a new beta? I know the terms "alpha," "beta," and "release" get trashed a lot in the software world (I was shocked to find people in software development don't seem to know that features are supposed to be locked in a beta) but should I just update and forget the "beta" designation?

• my brand new lap top can be called " beta " if compared with problems Kemper (did not ) giving to me .
    so , call that ALFA , and stop that beta bulshit . :D
    Kemper will always improve its OS and content , so it will never be "final " .

Kemper is not a refrigerator , which is done once for ever regarding management and user interaction .
    (anyone for cold beer from my refrigerator ? 8) )

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• my brand new lap top can be called " beta " if compared with problems Kemper (did not ) giving to me .
    so , call that ALFA , and stop that beta bulshit . :D
    Kemper will always improve its OS and content , so it will never be "final " .

Kemper is not a refrigerator , which is done once for ever regarding management and user interaction .
    (anyone for cold beer from my refrigerator ? 8) )

Right, and I understand that it's nearly impossible to release a buggless release of any software driven device as complicated as the Kemper... but some of the "I got a software error because I had too many profiles on my machine" is the type of things that should be caught by a good QA department. In fact, I'm shocked that someone at Kemper isn't running a KPA with every single factory and Rig Exchange profile on it for beta testing.

Anyway, I'll go for it, as I do want some of the features for sure and although I have what I think of as an excessive amount of profiles, it's not near what those who were having the update bug had on their machine.

• Updated my KPA today to 1.5.0 Beta from 1.1.1 Beta an no problem at all :thumbup:
    Rigs in my KPA when I update = 1035
    I love my KPA so I gave it a gift today :love:
    The AmpFactory Bundle pack 2 so now we are very happy both me and my KPA :P :P :P
    Life is fuckin beautiful :thumbup:

// Björn

• That pack is awesome! Trainwreck, Carol-Ann and Evil Robot are taking all my time, have yet to audition the rest, lol!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Also me updated my KPA to 1.5.0 from 1.1.1 with no issue.

Rigs in my KPA when I update = 750
    Amp Preset in my KPA = 450
    Cab Preset = 100

:thumbup::thumbup:

I hope we can maintain such kind of Rigs and preset number in the future, we all know we never use all of them, but CK and his team is guilty of having invented such a unique product ... now we cannot survive without knowing we can use all this great AMPs !!! :D

• after updating my delay feed back knob keeps reading as if im turning it on the screen the bar pops up but doesn't move and if the delay is off it turns on any ideas?

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• Hallo Olli,

It will not change anything, but is always a good rule to run a backup before any upgrade.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• One thing more came to my mind:
    it should be said somewhere in instructions (or is it?) that you´ll have to wait until the "update is completed" text cames out
    because there is quite a long periods where nothing happens in a screen and its possible that someone may thought that
    process is allready finished but it is not.