Extending profiles information

• HI

I am just reading WiKPA latest edition (thanks Gianfranco for such valuable manual) and also I came to conclusion after posting few times about flat/dull output using factory or user provided profiles.

Which is...

Would it be possible to extend profile info on Rig Exchange (and maybe info in *.kipr file itself) what guitar (strat, tele, les paul...) it was recorded on and what pickups (humbuckers, P90, singles...) since guitar and pickups used in profiling procedure have big influence on how the rig plays when I connect another guitar.

From WiKPA:

To fully appreciate the factory profiles (and any profile in general) it’s important to understand th at a pro-file is generally taken from a rig (a certain guitar through an amp and a cab) which the author found well-sounding. He or she set the guitar’s controls and PUs, and the amp’s tonestack in a certain way. Then they profiled the rig. Those settings will then depend on the player’s taste and the used instrument.

and more...

A KPA profile is like a mic’ed amp dialed in a specific way. This means that a single, untweaked profile won’t
    probably sound good with different guitars and/or pickups

and more...

Using the KPA, you’ll really come to appreciate the difference in tone between different guitars and pickups.

Why I ask for that? I suppose I don't have so much time downloading, tweaking and comparing profiles, since I'm not studio procuder, live player etc... I share my time between many daily duties and have not that much time everyday to play around and tweak.

So is it good or bad idea? Concerning more what WiKPA says (certain guitar, certain pickups in KPA) than my lack of time...

Edited 2 times, last by skoczy ().

• Hello, there are 3 tags related to the comments (20 characters for each ) on each complete rig . I guess you can use them for this kind of information :

rig comment
    amp comment
    cab comment

Some rigs collections (like the Hiwatt100 from And44) come with 3 subfolders (one for tele / strat / LP) which is really great, the title of the rig is related to the guitar type ( ex ST-##) , so it's really convenient.

The main issue is to make the tags homogeneous , so we can use sorting options the way they were intended to.

Laurent started a thread on the nomenclature, I think we need a universal / general method for tagging our profiles, if we don't have this nomenclature, tagging will end in total chaos , with nothing sortable.

The other option is to start a specific general taggging project for re-tagging the profiles done so far with the same rules. Laurent and some users did a good work on this with tagging most of the marshalls, this way they are sortable. Laurent's tool allows editing all rigs exported in Excel, so it's not an impossible task.

R

• One thing is tagging profiles (naming *.kipr file by specific rules) another thing would be adding another tags/comments about guitar, pickup used to *.kipr file. Yet another thing would be translating *.kipr filename into tag displayed on screen for examlpe JVM210_LP_BHB_etc..etc.. which would be LES PAUL used and Bridge bumbucker, but since existing tags are written into *.kipr file contents I think it is not that good idea. Still confused about granulation on information needed in profile name- BHB bridge humbucker or just HB humbucker... if you know what I mean.

Question is also if Kemper could sort profiles just by some homogeneous tags in profiles names. For now I think it sorts by tags written into *.kipr files.

And lastly I miss these tags in Rig Exchange, because I don't have strat or les paul, I have tele and as stated in WiKPA guitar and pickup combination make one profil sound bad where it was nice when profiling was being done.

• Single profiles do seldom work for me.

Yes one way is to create sets of profiles for different guitar types - but even my 3 telecasters sound totally different.

So, I found that I need ALL the option the amp has - and for this do we need profiles of all different amp settings.

By this can I choose the right profile for each guitar/taste.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de