Extremely long time to "EXPORT ALL RIGS"

• I'm exporting all rigs to the USB drive before installing the new firmware, it's been 2 hours already and it's only half way (according to the meter), it seems to be working, just very slow is this normal? I know i have a lot of rigs, but it looks like a full Export will take over 4 hours!
    I formatted the USB drive just to make sure it was all clean, before starting the process, and have used this drive many times without any issues.

• I just did a backup of my KPA, about 1800 rigs, it took a few minutes.

Why export all rigs, just make a backup.
    Change the backup file to a RAR, open it and everything is there in separate folders, including all rigs.

• are back up and rigs exporting the same thing ?
    back up took few minutes indeed , but for exporting my 1700 rigs I need more than two three hours .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I'm exporting all rigs to the USB drive before installing the new firmware, it's been 2 hours already and it's only half way (according to the meter), it seems to be working, just very slow is this normal? I know i have a lot of rigs, but it looks like a full Export will take over 4 hours!
    I formatted the USB drive just to make sure it was all clean, before starting the process, and have used this drive many times without any issues.

This is normal if you have many profiles mine took over 2 hours too. I think Guitartone is talking about a backup which is different to what your doing. backup only takes a few mins where as exporting all rigs to rig/shared folder will take a few hours if you have loads of profiles. I always do it both ways just in case the backup ever got corrupt id still have all my rigs in a different location

• Lance ,
    I think that doing back up and exporting rigs are not the same things .

• Reason I'm exporting all rigs instead of just doing a backup is that I get an ERROR message when i do a backup, tried it 3 times already, I reboot and it works, but can't do a backup. It's been exporting for over 3 hours, and it looks like maybe another hour or 2 to get it finished, hopefully there won't be an error message at the end.. :) I know I have lot's of profiles on it..so it's probably normal to take this long.

• You should report the backup error to support, it must not be.

Yes I will, i'm just trying to backup everything in case it crashes, so far every time I get the error it reboots fine, so after I get everything exported, I'll try backing up so I can have a backup available for support along with the screen pic, if I can't get it to backup I'll try deleting as many profiles as possible in the next few days and keep trying, maybe Kemper should figure out what the limit is in # os profiles, and not allow to go over that limit, if this issue is related to the # of rigs.

• Finally was able to Export all Rigs, took 6 hours and 20 minutes to complete!! and they seem to be all in the USB drive, after exporting all rigs, inserted drive on my MAC to get info on the USB drive (Rigs Folder) shows:
    11,054,387 bytes (94 MB on Disk) for 2,869 items, so ya it's a lot.. :)

Backup always gets same error message and can't be completed, will report it to support with pic.

• 2,869 items

8o 8o 8o We have a new record!!

I bet it cannot make the backup because it doesn't have enough space left in the memory to create the file and compress it before to copy it in to the USB...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• 2869 items !!! ;( ?( 8|
    if the average price of one profile in real life , is say only $1.000 ,that's mean you have
    2869*1000= 2,869,000.oo $ !!!!

three million dollars in loads of amps, cabs,effects in one single poor Kemper , OMG :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• Well....there are multiple profiles of the same amp, but even if you divide that by 10 is still a LOT of value!!!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• it doesn't have enough space left in the memory to create the file

No, memory cost is one rig at a a time. Nevertheless, I recommend downsizing pretty soon. Don't keep more than 1000 Rigs in the machine. Apart of that: "Export all Rigs" does not export local presets and global settings, so a backup is complete, "export all rigs" is not.
    It takes that long since the filesystem on USB sticks is not really good in handling lots of files, a backup wins here, too, since it is just one file.
    Timo

• Thanks for claryfiyng, Timo. It would be a good idea to put this tip in to FAQ/Wiki since is going to come more often...

• Thanks everyone for the info, i'd never take the KPA out to a gig with that many profiles on it.. :)
    What happened is I keep adding them, and haven't really had the time to go thru all of them and cleaning up, for all the gigs I do i use a total of 15 patches, and only because I use a lot of harmonizer stuff, otherwise 4 or 5 patches would be enough. I'm going to start cleaning up and then backup, might just end up with about 40 or 50 profiles which should cover any needs for extra sounds in the studio.

• Thanks everyone for the info, i'd never take the KPA out to a gig with that many profiles on it.. :)
    What happened is I keep adding them, and haven't really had the time to go thru all of them and cleaning up, for all the gigs I do i use a total of 15 patches, and only because I use a lot of harmonizer stuff, otherwise 4 or 5 patches would be enough. I'm going to start cleaning up and then backup, might just end up with about 40 or 50 profiles which should cover any needs for extra sounds in the studio.

Yeah, I keep telling myself the same thing....and then someone comes out with a new profile that sounds tempting - or Andy comes out with a new set :love: - and the "profile bloat" starts anew. :rolleyes: :whistling: