Hello, just got my Kemper...

• Is this poll the kind of "welcoming" message you want to give to a new member? :thumbdown:

If people started to prejudge whether I would keep or sell my KPA, I would not have felt very welcome.

Especially in my own thread!

Will could be a major asset to this community, if he bonds with his KPA, and I am hoping he will.

• I believe that Lance wanted to be just ironic, we all know Will since a lot of time and he knows us. No bad feelings here.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Poll

This KPA is being returned...yes or no?

Yes.

:P

After 3 days, maybe 5 hours total playing time, I'll gladly admit she's getting her hooks into me. I've got a few profiles I need to audition tonight and a couple profiles I want to make over the weekend which will be all the time I need to decide. But I'm leaning far to the keep her side at this point.

• It's a joke. :)

• :P

After 3 days, maybe 5 hours total playing time, I'll gladly admit she's getting her hooks into me. I've got a few profiles I need to audition tonight and a couple profiles I want to make over the weekend which will be all the time I need to decide. But I'm leaning far to the keep her side at this point.

That's good news.

• Hi Will,

I think i read on TGP (i only lurk there, its just to much for me)that you are monitoring with HD280's.

Please be aware this is not a great match IMO. :(

Having said that i have always enjoyed your contrabutions there (TGP)

Im on a mission to find the best match with headphones, keep a look out for a post soon.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• HD280s are now my backup phones and really only used when I need isolation. I have a pair of Audio Technica cans, not even a high end pair (IIRC they were around $60), that I like way, way more. Honestly, the AT cans do not leave me wanting tonally. I wish the cups were a bit bigger though and they had better isolation then I could just get rid of the HD280s.

• HD280s are now my backup phones and really only used when I need isolation. I have a pair of Audio Technica cans, not even a high end pair (IIRC they were around $60), that I like way, way more. Honestly, the AT cans do not leave me wanting tonally. I wish the cups were a bit bigger though and they had better isolation then I could just get rid of the HD280s.

I actually have problems with most of my cans taking the signal directly through the headphone out. Might be impedence issues since I get a really trebly icepicky sound no matter what profile I use that way. I usually monitor from the direct out into a $99 mackie minimixer (which also gives me the flexibility in signal routing post KPA). Sounds magical.

Edit: By the way, glad you are taking this journey with us. There's a nice little group of folks from TGP here and you would be a great addition to the group :thumbup:.

Edited once, last by hoth ().