Fender frontman as monitor

• Hello,

i love the Fender frontman 212 with the kemper (little price - great sound an ampfeeling)

for me it sounds better with "monitor CAB ON"

and now i use 2 of them for stereo (and more power)

• Hello ,

I also took the plunge with 2 really cheap "frontmen " and excellent additions to my KPA : I bought them 'brand new second hand' for 150€ boths !

The frontman 65W gives me the 12" speaker vibe with lots of basses & good definition (I only use the auxilliary input on
    the internal power amp). With 'monitor cab off' & fender profiles , boogies and vintage amps it's really a great addition to my little 8" monitors, since the speaker has this typical fender rendering chime(with the monitor out) . It sounds a lot more compressed with the cab sims on, which is great for marshalls & hi gain rigs. Anymay you basically have a amp that looks and sounds like a 2000$ vintage blackface for under 100€ !! I had a good laugh just plugin my guitar thru the amp without the KPA, awfull crispy mosfet sounds & so cheap distortion.

I also use the 15G at home,after midnight to keep the volume and basses low while getting a real amp feeling. This small 15w amp has an aux input too, but I fount the regular inputs very usable with the KPA since the EQ on the amp is quite effective. I always end up with fender pro junior & supro rigs on the 15G and it's really like having a real little champ in my room, I love it.

The only problems I had with this solution are :

you cannot control the volume on the 'aux in' on the 65W ( you have to control it on the monitor out level on the KPA master section ) I almost blew my ear the 1st time I plugged it ( set up now at -57 dB !!)

I have to adjust the EQ out each time I swap the amps on the monitor out, I really would like some user presets there.

• I have to adjust the EQ out each time I swap the amps on the monitor out, I really would like some user presets there.

do you know, that you could build these presets?

hold MASTER button
    do the changes
    press STORE
    press OUTOUT
    name
    press STORE

to use the presets
    hold MASTER
    select with BROWSE knob

• I just picked up a FM 212 cheap.

So far I'm liking it a lot.
    Not as much variation between rigs as through a FRFR but a nice half way step for me to use at gigs.
    Can't decide if its better with cabs on or off yet...need to hear it in the mix.

I might just mod the top to create a nice shelf for the KPA...can't have it falling off now eh, especially with the amp tilted back.

• The frontman 65W gives me the 12" speaker vibe with lots of basses & good definition (I only use the auxilliary input on
    the internal power amp).

If this is typical aux in, don't they tend to be stereo in, to take things like MP3 players? Using it with the kpa mono monitor out do you just use a 8mm mono adapter? I guess it doesn't seem to be a problem as it sounds like it's giving you some cool results! Cheers.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Hello , i tried mono and stereo , this is the same result as there is only one mono power amp and one speaker on the 65w frontman. I use a standard jack from the monitor out to power amp in, no adapter. This is not really an Aux IN,but it bypasses the crappy preamp section.

BTW the 65 frontman is really great with the latest free pack from Andy, fender amp with cab off on 12" speaker (open back ) --> real blackface vibe :D

On the 15G I use the regular input since the EQ section is really effective, and I'm very pleased with it, I tried the aux in, with similar results, the speaker is much too colored here but it gives a specific little compression that sounds really cool. I really love this little setup for everyday noodling, at night.

R