List of pre-programmed amps

• Hello community! I was deciding to buy an Axe FX 2 and since researching the Kemper and listening to Youtube and user recordings I am totally sold on the Kemper. But in all my research I can't find information on the 200 presets already installed and would really like to know which amps are already onboard. Any information or a point in direction would be greatly appreciated. On a side note, I like the way this community is much friendlier than the Fractal site,I think too many people drank the kool-aid from Cliff! 8)

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• I'm sure there's a list available but I will honestly tell you that I NEVER use the presets. If the Kemper didn't have rig sharing, I'd have returned it.

There's so much on the Rig Exchange that I guarantee you, you'll have about 500 Rigs in week one!

I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question, but my advice is....Don't worry about the presets.

Also.......loading rigs is EASY.....my 6 year old can do it.

• Here's the list of pre programmed amps.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111…nce%20List%202012-2-3.pdf

The majority of the stock Profiles are what we'd call, "Pure Profiles" with little to no tweaks added.
    To really 'understand' the stock Profiles you need to record them, then you'll hear how good they are.

Keep in mind.
    Other modellers give you "Amp sim" Presets, that's it, the Amp sims they give you is all you're going to get, so the Presets are your indication of what you just bought.
    With the Kemper it's the exact opposite...the stock Profiles are not an indication of what you just bought, they're just some Profiles that were done prior to the Kemper being released. :)

That's where the Kemper is in a different league, whilst you're asleep some guitarist/engineer in another country is busy Profiling one of his amps and the next morning you can add his amp to your collection, it's like buying a new piece of gear every day.

• Thank you both, that helps alot. I actually have been looking through the profiles and getting pretty excited to get one! Not only does it sound better than the Axe Fx 2 to me, but way simplier and refined. I don't admire the fact that eveytime there is a firmware update from Cliff that you would then have to recalibrate all your settings. Great that he stands by his product, but seems like a hassle for the user.

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• "That's where the Kemper is in a different league, whilst you're asleep some guitarist/engineer in another country is busy Profiling one of his amps and the next morning you can add his amp to your collection, it's like buying a new piece of gear every day."
    Great way to put it, but when you say "it's like buying a new piece of gear everyday" does that mean that profiles are not free? I found packs online for profiles from Andertons in the UK that sound amazing, but for a price. How does it work on the exchange? Hope that is not a naive question. I have the Eleven Rack and I have to pay for updates to new amps,although I can download user settings for free (if I bought that amp upgrade they are moddleing)

• Hi, welcome :thumbup:

All the rigs/profiles on the Rigs Exchange are free of charge. OTOH, there're several profiles for sale, and their level is usually far above the mean.
    You'll find more information (about this issue and the KPA in general) on the wiKPA.

Have fun! :thumbup:

• I have the Eleven Rack and I have to pay for updates to new amps

firmware updates (new features, new effects, occasional bug fixes) to the Profiler will always be free of charge.
    since it's release early this year, two rig packs, each featuring around 45 new profiles were released.
    in addition to these 'official' profile sets, there are currently over 2000 user profiles in the rig exchange, which can all be downloaded and played fro free.

8)

• Welcome !
    I am relatively new user , used to have the same question as you have now .
    What I've learned is : spend some time (which can be 10 years from now ;( :D , if you want to do that really in details ) with installed and after that with free profiles on exchange . We are talking about more than 1.000 profiles !
    Once you get familiar with Kemper and how to tweak profiles to your liking (in my case , it took me few days to start to believe I am a Kemper expert :P :D ) it will be easy to buy some extraordinary well done commercial profiles .
    We are talking about money you spent on some dinner in humble restaurant , if you want to get them all .
    You will probably get to 2,000 profiles in a month or so , since no one could resist to try this and that profile , every bloody day or so .

Than , you will get to the phase when you want to get rid oh 1,500 profiles at once , and enjoy a few dozen perfect profiles to your liking .
    Simply because you don't need 439 fantastic Marshall profiles , you need , say 10 of them .
    There is enough tools in Kemper to create another 100 different presets from those 10 profiles, if you hear what I want to say .
    In that case you will stop tweaking (for a while :thumbdown: ) and searching for new profiles , and just enjoy playing your guitar and your music 100 % of time .

I decided to buy Kemper instead Axe just because above reasons ,which are opposite to endless and painful Axe tweaking .
    Endless tweaking can cause spine problems end will get you apart from your guitar end music forever .

The choice is : tweaker by default or guitarist/musician by nature ? :D
    Good luck !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 6 times, last by Rescator ().

• Awesome, thanks again everyone for the wealth of information and the welcome. I don't think I have ever been so psyched about a piece of equipment as I am now!

• Thanks bro....that list is so buried , I saw it once but didn't save it. Now I've got it.

• That's what the wiKPA is meant for...

... really guys, my contribution to the wiKPA is nothing but that of a simple compiler, but I believe the information we all (anche the Kemper team of course) contributed to build is invaluable. Let's use it, let's make it become a common knowledge retrieving resource! All the effort would be in vain otherwise.

:)

• Already saved it and read very much and used the links. Thank you for this!