Re-Profiled the Mako Amplification MAK4 preamp

• Love the makoplex! Killer profile. Definitely adding that one to favorites. Thanks a million!

• fastred/pony, very cool as all of your profiles that i've listened to , btw, did you get my PM ? thanks , roger

Yeah I did I haven't had time to sit down with a reply yet but honestly, the user manual does a pretty good job of explaining how stuff works and there are a couple pretty in depth videos showing operation of the unit more in depth.

There's still a lot to the unit that I don't understand (mainly because I don't NEED to understand it at this point) but what helped me most figure things out was just to get in there and start turning knobs and listening to what changes happen with the sound. Mostly trial and error stuff. You can't really screw up anything unless you actually tell the kemper to save the changes.

• Really nice man! :thumbup:
    Love the Crunch and the Makoplex, while the Dorado is a gain monster which i'd never use.
    By the way those are some of the few gain-high gain profiles which sound perfectly (for my taste) right out of the box.
    :thumbup:

EDIT: one question: did you add the EQ to have a better match?

• Really nice man! :thumbup:
    Love the Crunch and the Makoplex, while the Dorado is a gain monster which i'd never use.
    By the way those are some of the few gain-high gain profiles which sound perfectly (for my taste) right out of the box.
    :thumbup:

EDIT: one question: did you add the EQ to have a better match?

No after refining twice, it's pretty much identical. I tweak to make it sound better haha

No though the nitro has a massive low end that is hard for the kemper to replicate and actually a frequency that I work hard to dial OUT of my recorded tone because it gets in the way of the bass guitar so in that aspect, the kemper is not a 100% match with the nitro but I'm ok with that lack of low end resonance because it makes it sit in the mix better.