Synth tones?

• Hello,
    Have another question that in no way affects my decision to buy the KPA. I was reading the Wikpa and found some synth tones of a hammond,banjo,dobro etc. My question is would I be able to profile my Roland GR-55 for individual effects such as sax,piano and other instruments? Very intrigued by this as I only use a few of those for live use and could store them in the Kemper and avoid that dreaded tracking issue with the Roland or even sell it all together.

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• That's not going to work, Kemper is not designed to do that, you can create some synth type sounds with the built in effects, but you won't be able to profile synth sounds from the Roland, you could always try and see what you come up with.. :)

• Hello,
    Have another question that in no way affects my decision to buy the KPA. I was reading the Wikpa and found some synth tones of a hammond,banjo,dobro etc. My question is would I be able to profile my Roland GR-55 for individual effects such as sax,piano and other instruments? Very intrigued by this as I only use a few of those for live use and could store them in the Kemper and avoid that dreaded tracking issue with the Roland or even sell it all together.

I use the GR-55 also. Which guitar are you using? How is the midi pickup installed?

• I have a Raven West LP style guitar and have the pickup installed with the bridge bracket that comes with it.

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• you can still create some very special, synthetic sounds though, if you be creative.
    the potential is there
    but of course no (midi) sounds are in there like Piano and stuff like that.
    Actually I always disliked such synthetic imitations of real instruments.

• I have a Raven West LP style guitar and have the pickup installed with the bridge bracket that comes with it.

How close is the pickup to the bridge?....the closer the better. Were you anal about the measurements from the apex of the LP bridge saddles when you entered those values into the GR-55? I'm guessing that you spent the required time to set the individual string level?

I'm not trying to be picky....just helpful. My Gr-55 triggers amazingly well from my built-in Roland trigger - I had the PRS factory install it, and it came out perfect. Having said that, I had a Godin synth guitar that did have some issues...perhaps I developed better technique due to the struggle on that guitar. :S

• It was close and I did do all the calibrations and I guess when I said "dreaded triggering" that it really isn't that bad, mostly great but on some instruments like piano it can get sloppy when soloing (not any fault of my own) and thought if that sound could be profiled then the notes would keep in sync with my picking speed. All in all I am happy with the triggering, but with all gear something can improve.