Great clean tones?

• Yes. We profiled the amp with a Les Paul and, after some refining, was spot on. Then, we stored the profile and changed the guitar to a 335. With the 335, the profile and the amp were different (not bad, but different) so we decided to profile again and made a different profile for the 335.

Mhhh... of course the amp will sound different if you play different guitars through it, but the physical presence of an instrument during the profiling operation won't affect the profile (not talking about refining here of course).

OTOH, if you play the profile with two different guitar you'll get two different sound, exactly as if you were using them on the profiled amp

• Mhhh... of course the amp will sound different if you play different guitars through it, but the physical presence of an instrument during the profiling operation won't affect the profile (not talking about refining here of course).

OTOH, if you play the profile with two different guitar you'll get two different sound, exactly as if you were using them on the profiled amp

Sorry, I said profile instead of refining.

We got diffent profiles refining with different guitars. Once we finished the refining with the Les Paul, the profile was spot on but, then, we changed to a 335 and compared the profile just refined with the Les Paul with the real amp sound and, with the 335 was not spot on.

• After using my refine method - the profiles sound the same - for all of my guitars - in the same way as the real amp.

Of course with a given amp setting one guitar/PU setting may sound great while the other sounds dull or to bright or whatever - that's why the amps have the gain and tone controls.

And we need different amp settings for each guitar - that's the main reason why a lot of profiles (which the creator loves and praises in high words) sounds poor after downloading it and using our own guitar.

A 'great clean tone' for a Tele will not work for a LesPauls - the amp needs different settings.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I will do some more test. Probably I need to improve my refining process.

• I will do some more test. Probably I need to improve my refining process.

I downloaded the Velocette 10 335 profile (are there others?) and I don't get a clean tone, I get a slightly dirty tone, still good for single note lines, but not very clean. Is this because I'm using a PRS with Humbuckers (would have thought it would be similar to Les Paul or 335), or was there person who said above they liked the Velocette as a clean profile likes a certain amount of dirty in the clean. They also mentioned the HH#Lancer-Cln. profile I donwloaded it and it is truely a clean profile. No break-up at all with the PRS. Help me with what I'm missing with the Velocette being a great "clean" profile, maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks.

• I don't know these profiles - I talked about my own profiles.
    My profiles are available for many volume/drive settings so you can pick the one which fit's best to your guitar/style.

Some general trips:
    1) Create input presets for all your guitars
    2) If the profile was done for single coils, reduce KPA gain (it works fine for some profiles) and add some treble.
    3) If the profile was done for hum-buckers (and you like to use single coils) - increase gain and reduce treble

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I downloaded the Velocette 10 335 profile (are there others?) and I don't get a clean tone, I get a slightly dirty tone, still good for single note lines, but not very clean. Is this because I'm using a PRS with Humbuckers (would have thought it would be similar to Les Paul or 335), or was there person who said above they liked the Velocette as a clean profile likes a certain amount of dirty in the clean. They also mentioned the HH#Lancer-Cln. profile I donwloaded it and it is truely a clean profile. No break-up at all with the PRS. Help me with what I'm missing with the Velocette being a great "clean" profile, maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks.

I think that my profiles mentioned in this thread are not clean (Velocette and Harlequin 10:00) because they are slightly dirty, as you said. But some people have a different concept for clean.

• Hello, I agree with the velocette not being really the cleanest rig ... I liked it very much with a few minor adjustments :

lower the gain (to 2 or 3 leds only ) , push the volume up, use single coils (lower guitar volume also and try different PU pos.) , adjust clean sense so it does not distort to easily. I often lock the wah booster pedal on my KPA in order to find the right amount of gain ( set the booster to -100%). I also use a cheap fender pro junior on the monitor out (cab sim off) that gives great tight & warm basses (12" speaker).

The fender pro junior and the cream JTA 45 are in the same league, they are the warmest cleans (and also crunch btw) I fount, but you need to find the sweet spot, they will sound fantastic (from ultra clean to bright & sharp funky tones, and very jazzy with humbuckers).

• I downloaded the Velocette 10 335 profile (are there others?) and I don't get a clean tone, I get a slightly dirty tone, still good for single note lines, but not very clean. Is this because I'm using a PRS with Humbuckers (would have thought it would be similar to Les Paul or 335), or was there person who said above they liked the Velocette as a clean profile likes a certain amount of dirty in the clean. They also mentioned the HH#Lancer-Cln. profile I donwloaded it and it is truely a clean profile. No break-up at all with the PRS. Help me with what I'm missing with the Velocette being a great "clean" profile, maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks.

Clean is a sliding scale. In all honesty, many tube amps (especially of the vintage variety) are never purely clean. There is always a slight bit of compression happening and with hot pickups and a hard strum you can force a bit of breakup. If your looking for absolutely pure clean, like Pat Metheny clean, search for Henriksen 112extJAZZ. There is a Polytone profile out there as well but I haven't tried it yet. You can also check out The Amp Factory's free Classic Rig pack. There are a few very good clean Fender profiles included. If they breakup too much for you, back the gain down to 0 (on the Kemper even most clean tube amp profiles will have a gain between around 8-9 o'clock as selecting distorted often captures a better picture of a clean tube amp than selecting clean when profiling).