Great clean tones?

• Hey everyone!
    Curious if anyone can recommend any great clean tones for the KPA. I recently played a Divided by 13 in a store and that thing just blew me away. There are so many distorted tones people upload on here; would love some great clean ones. Any recommendations are appreciated!

• Hello you should try the Velocette from the rig exchange. This is the purest clean tube amp sound I've heard in a long time.

I don't know who posted it but thanks for profiling such a great antiquity !

You could also try the lancer, the nailor, the 10:00 conford harlequin, mesa transatlantic cleans, and the fender pro junior, they are all excellent clean profiles. As specified below , most rigs can sound interesting just by turning gain down.

Enjoy !

• ...most rigs can sound interesting just by turning gain down.

Also, I've found the Kemper very, very reactive to the guitar volume knob, more so that any of the more affordable modelers I've owned. There's some profiles out there which can go from clean to pretty darn hairy with a twist of the volume knob.

• Also, I've found the Kemper very, very reactive to the guitar volume knob, more so that any of the more affordable modelers I've owned. There's some profiles out there which can go from clean to pretty darn hairy with a twist of the volume knob.

Mwahhahaha....the assimilation continues... :D

• Thanks everyone!
    I've obviously played with the Gain knob, but sometimes it doesn't do what one's looking for. I'll try those profiles suggested by some of you. Thanks again!

• I'll second the vote for the Cornford Harlequin 10:00--I love that profile. However its got a bit of crunch on top (just how I like it) so it won't suit if you are looking for pristine.

For a pristine sound I like Pete Turley's "PT Fender Twin" from the exchange. Also there are some recent Mesa TA-30 profiles on the exchange (from clean to crunchy) that are really sweet.

• I don't know who posted it but thanks for profiling such a great antiquity !

I think it was manufactured during the 90s, but I love it. We used a 335 and a Les Paul to profile it and, with the same mic configuration, the profiles were very different. The best one is the 335 version.

• Also search on the forum for a thread called "what are YOUR favorite clean profiles so far?" there are lots of suggestions there.

Neil

• We used a 335 and a Les Paul to profile it and, with the same mic configuration, the profiles were very different. The best one is the 335 version.

Hey Paco, do you mean you used different guitars for refining it, or what else?

...Always looking for new issues for the wiKPA :D

• There's a clean s.mehle profile and london colour profile (65 amps london i think) that i just can't get pass. Be sure tweek to your taste, guitars and playing style before dissmissing any profile for the best experience.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Hey Paco, do you mean you used different guitars for refining it, or what else?

...Always looking for new issues for the wiKPA :D

Yes. We profiled the amp with a Les Paul and, after some refining, was spot on. Then, we stored the profile and changed the guitar to a 335. With the 335, the profile and the amp were different (not bad, but different) so we decided to profile again and made a different profile for the 335.

Saludos!

• Thanks everyone!
    Some of you have mentioned the 66 Pro Reverb... I've been using that for bluesy, gritty leads and it's KILLER! You guys had some other great suggestions, too. Thanks!

• Thanks everyone!
    Some of you have mentioned the 66 Pro Reverb... I've been using that for bluesy, gritty leads and it's KILLER! You guys had some other great suggestions, too. Thanks!

I would have some ideas for great Fender profiles - but will not tell in this section :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• There's a great Mesa Mk V 10w clean profile on the exchange that I use quite a bit for clean sounds. Also a good 65 Fender Blackface there - growls a bit if you push it hard, but chimes nicely at low attacks. I also find one or two of the factory supplied AC-30 clean profiles are pretty good. I play about 70% of my gig with clean KPA tones.

Admittedly, I do supplement all of these with bridge piezos. I have them installed on all my axes and they route separately to the Kemper outs.

parker / prs / kemper / g / mesa