Metal Riffing

• I understand. I loved the 80's metal & the top bands, but it started getting to where some were a parody/copy of others. Same thing sort of happens to all 'styles' I guess. Either that or we just get bored... :D

• maybe so ,

I will always love it and prefer it over drop tunings and 3 chord stuff with no solos in newer music which actually bores me
    different tastes for different folks i guess , not many guys can play the 80s shred well though many try to copy it and that's what gave it a bad name i think all the sloppy players imitating it badly.To do it right takes precise playing and lots of practice .

I'm actually jealous of drummers in newer music they still get to play a lot of notes in today's music and interesting stuff, but guitarists don't get to shred and play lots of notes at least in popular music its sad really . Sort of like putting a governor on a dragster to keep it at 50mph , Or like having someone say ok now no more than 4 notes per measure ok .... haha

There's something to be said for shred and fast playing and proficiency as long as you do with soul and emotion players like randy rhoads, Steve Lukather, etc