Look inside the KPA and discuss a better form factor, but ... it finally happened!!! ;o)

• what is you favorite KPA form factor 151

1. 3 rackspace with full controls like the original KPA (51) 34%
    2. 2 rackspace with less controls (12) 8%
    3. 1 rackspace with less controls and probably less I/O's (4) 3%
    4. stomp box KPA with minimal controls and without profiling (11) 7%
    5. Floorboard KPA with full controls (23) 15%
    6. I love the original KPA (86) 57%

Hey Folks!

Like the most of you, I really love my KPA and what I can do with it. :thumbup:

But due to the fact that I'm not that happy with the current form factor, I would like to start a discussion how things can get better. :huh:
    First I did a small Video to take a closer look what's really inside the unit and to boost your imagination what would be possible with what is needed and what not.

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67811909/kemper-youtube.jpg]

see the Video: http://youtu.be/867iDz9A-7E

Here are my ideas:

- without any changes to the electronics and the controlling concept the KPA would easy fit into a two space rack-drawer using a few screws and holes (without topcover, frame and with slanted control panel) I'm really thinking of doing this! :D

- I'm shure if you cut down the amount of direct controlling from the front panel, the KPA would even fit into one rack space

- a KPA stomp box without profiling, with minimal control, mono IN, stereo OUT, midi IN, USB and external power supply

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67811909/stompkemper.jpg]

- and what about a floorboard:

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67811909/floorkemper.jpg]

... tell me what you think!

greetz Konsti

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

Edited 6 times, last by konstinger ().

• ... and so I was thinking, that's why you have up to three choices :thumbup:

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

• Great Video!

... but I like the original one - or put everything in a floorboard :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• gosh.it might be me but it hurts me just watching the video! thinking myself doing the disassembling scares the s*#t out of me...............

guess mine will remain as it is.................

not to take away anyone's credit of course, but I rather continue doing what I'm best at: playing.................I just leave these things to who is supposed to, i.e. kemper guys...........

anyways, great video and thanks for sharing

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Upgradeable DSP?..Thats very interesting......

I was very excited too by this fact, great forward thinking! :)

• 2 or 3 space would be just fine with me honestly. maybe you should make a few plates for us to upgrade with :)

i have heard the KPA is a bit rough to disassemble - what are your thoughts on that statement?

• i have heard the KPA is a bit rough to disassemble - what are your thoughts on that statement?

... not really, all the tools I needed are shown in the video. The re-assembling took under 10 min. :thumbup:

• Hmmm...

Presuming the front panel board only contains stuff pertinent to the knobs, one might be able to retrofit the main guts into a (slight large) floorboard and mount the front panel into a table sized flat box allow one to have a compact and portable floor unit and hook up the tactile control when one wanted it. though gotta say, having all the dedicated knobs is very nice. the format really is no larger than a small tube head. If it had a power amp which mounted inside the hole in the back...

• Hmmm...

Presuming the front panel board only contains stuff pertinent to the knobs, one might be able to retrofit the main guts into a (slight large) floorboard and mount the front panel into a table sized flat box allow one to have a compact and portable floor unit and hook up the tactile control when one wanted it. though gotta say, having all the dedicated knobs is very nice. the format really is no larger than a small tube head. If it had a power amp which mounted inside the hole in the back...

Please DON'T say those things since i might start thinking about disassembling everything! :D

And What about moving everything into a floorboard? :thumbup:

• Very nice video.

What me strikes the most is the upgradable or changeble DSP part. The question is if this realy is for future hardware updates or just an easy costeffective repair solution. Time will tell.

BTW you have beaten Tony Mckenzie in only 10 minutes 8o