FW 1.5.1 comments in here!!

• Hi, guys!

Updated from 1.5.0B to 1.5.1B without problems.
    I have 439 rigs - mainly the system rigs, but some that I profiled.

Installing the new KAOS from the USB key took about 20".

First reboot took 2' 20", with various messages (updating front panel resources, tuning storage, scanning sound data).

Then I restored the system rigs.

Second reboot, 1' 20".

Since that, every reboot takes about 1'.

No problem so far...

Best regards.

• Well I dont know about anyone else but I just really like that its out so soon after 1.5.0, that helps give me more confidence in its future. Great job guys!

• just read the "announcement"about having less than 1000 rigs and other potential problems,not impressed.

The known issues list shows about a problem when you are downgrading to older versions. Basically, there is a bug in older versions that prevent a proper reading of a few global settings introduced in 1.5.0 (which happens when you are going back to an old version). Since the bug is in the older version, it can't be fixed, therefore it is listed.

Timo

• it seems I'll wait for 1.6.0
    I don't see any major benefit of 1.5.1 ???

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• After update I could not import my rigs (only 116) it just kept reading and reading for like 30 minutes and nothing happen but after reformat my USB it worked and took like 1 minute.
    Just a heads up if someone else gets the same problem.

/Hasse

• Just found a "feature" with 1.5.1 -- I don't remember is this already existed in previous FW. When using the BROWSE knob, with Autoload set, and turning quickly the knob (because I know the rig I am looking for is hundreds of positions away -- like I'm on "Rocker Dirty" and I want to load "AC Clean R121") the screen seems to freeze, while the Kemper is clearly loading, one after another, all the intermediate rigs (you can tell this by seing all the leds around the knobs and in the upper panel changing very rapidely). It seems that the priority is given to the function of loading the rig, rather than displaying the names of the rigs I am browsing. This takes time, I don't know which is the current rig, so I stop turning, I wait, I try again, and so on. Of course, I would consider much more natural the other way -- first, I browse, and when I have selected a rig (like : I haven't turned the knob for a half second), this one is loaded...

So, my request : in a future FW, could browsing have priority over loading ?

Regards.

J. Jacques.

• or turn "autoload off" when you are navigating blindly through hundreds of rigs?

Or "don't use your KPA" ? LOL. Thanks for the help :D

This ended in a Software Error : dsprxbufferfull ../arm/dsp/dsp.c line 421
    (took the picture, but has no web site here to host it, neither have any support email to send them).

Well, the problem seems clear...

J.Jacques.

• or turn "autoload off" when you are navigating blindly through hundreds of rigs?

I Agree with this, is like scrolling through hundreds of mp3 with autoplay engaged... 8|

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I would just caution that these "then don't hold it that way" comments are not particularly helpful and have really hurt the reputations of other companies. Granted the comments from the other companies came from their owners and you would rarely hear CK saying something like that.

Update: By the way, I updated to 1.5.1 without any problems where the previous update broke my KPA. So kudos to Kemper for fixing the problem quickly but that issue likely should not have happened in the first place.

Edited once, last by hoth ().