TheAmpFactory PACK3!

• I would go with the rocktron midi raider, cheaper, lighter, smaller, same functions (it has the guts of the all access in it)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• thanks, i'll check it out, is there a recommended unit with a built in expression pedal?

The only ones I'm aware of are the Roland (nightmare to program) and the Behringer, unless you consider a Line6 HD 500 or X3....or a boss GT

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• My band has been re recording guitars with the kemper lately, basically a "remaster" if you will, after member changes, and better gear etc. I have been using a professional profile of my Diezel Herbert, and a 5150 model. Today, I used Amp Factories 6505 (the "scooped" profile) and AF's 5153 lead ++ plus model for rhythms, and my god if I don't have the fullest heaviest guitar tones I've ever had recorded personally. For leads, I got to use AF's Soldano SLO lead profile today, and it was hands down the best recorded lead tone I've ever used. There is absolutely no way I could have EVER gotten that tone with anything I've used to date, and that probably includes an SLO mic'd by me, just wouldn't be possible. I can't tell you how impressed I am with AF's profiles, and of course, the Kemper itself. I've had mine since April, and the hoonymoon hasn't left, and I don't think it ever will. Just an amazing piece of equipment.

Edit: Also for anyone that cares, I do not use the onboard boosts for recording, I use my real maxon OD808, just like it better for recording personally, live the onboard boosts work fine in my opinion.

• If in a new amp factory release appears some fortin or high gain engls, many metal fans would be the happiest guitarrists in the world :O

• Ok.. Fortin you want.. Fortin I will try to get.
    Any particular one is the fav from there range?

Undoubtely NATASSSSS OR SATAN, as you prefer :D :D , and another like bones, meathead...I was thinking too some classic amps modded by fortin or FJA, both sounds incredible man !

• Ok.. Fortin you want.. Fortin I will try to get.
    Any particular one is the fav from there range?

awesome :thumbup:

there are mainly three Fortin models besides all the marshall mods and custom amps he's done:

Bones, Natas and Meathead.

While the bones is a very stripped down version and the meathead a six channel monster, the Natas incarnates what probably most love about Fortin's vision of high-gain tone. This being the Girth and Grind controls (basically a 2-band tonestack placed early after one of the first gain stages),'KILL' voicing switch, as well as lead/rhythm channels.

Also +1 on having JeffTD as a 'metal delegate' for a potential metal pack. I've heard some of his recording from the Sneap Forum, and he's definitely somebody i would fully trust with that :thumbup:

• the metal sounds seem to be a winner in pack 3, any feedback on the other amps in the latest one?

For cleans and low & medium gain tones I'm loving these ones: BadCat Hotcat, Budda 18 Superdrive, Fender Princeton 65, Fender Twinolux EC and Roland JC120.
    And the Orange ThunderVerb 200 is amazing, from clean to fully cranked and beyond!

PS: I play a Strat with a humbucker in the bridge. I mostly use the neck pickup with the forementioned amp profiles.