TheAmpFactory PACK3!

• I held out as long as I could. I finally decided to buy a few amps. I got the Marshall 1987X, the Trainwreck, the Soldano, and the Tworock. By far the best profiles I have played on my Kemper. The Soldano was just ok for me, but the rest of them were just amazing. Seriously Andy, great job. I can see now why everyone raves about your pro profiles. I thought your first two free packs were outstanding. But these are just that much better. Thanks brother!

• This may sound like a "duh" comment to some but, I thought I would ask anyways. I am sure the biggest part of the "magic" of andy's profiles, is his micing of the cab, the room, micing technique etc. Would it be safe to say then, that using/saving his cabs for whatever profiles I like (for instance, his 6505 sounds great) and then adding Andy's cabs to other profiles would make them that much better? The cab has such a huge part of the sound, this is why it got me thinking....For instance, I love andy's 6505 and Soldano profiles, would saving those cabs, and adding them to another stack (say, juanas Engls for instance ) make them that much better since Andy's cabs were miced so well? I guess there is only one way to find out, but unfortunately my Kemper is not here right now.

• This may sound like a "duh" comment to some but, I thought I would ask anyways. I am sure the biggest part of the "magic" of andy's profiles, is his micing of the cab, the room, micing technique etc. Would it be safe to say then, that using/saving his cabs for whatever profiles I like (for instance, his 6505 sounds great) and then adding Andy's cabs to other profiles would make them that much better? The cab has such a huge part of the sound, this is why it got me thinking....For instance, I love andy's 6505 and Soldano profiles, would saving those cabs, and adding them to another stack (say, juanas Engls for instance ) make them that much better since Andy's cabs were miced so well? I guess there is only one way to find out, but unfortunately my Kemper is not here right now.

Thanks part of it for sure. But if you dissect some of his rigs, you'll see some additional techniques he uses to tweak the profiles to sound their best which can be applied to other rigs improving them.

• I find myself tweaking his profiles differently, to accomodate for my guitars and enhance the soumd components that I like more.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Also, sometimes 2 work perfectly, but sometimes when they are apart they wont. - the cabs pick up what it hears at that point, so there will be some coloration involved
    its trial and error, you have the selective browse now on the cab block, just scroll through, if it sounds good then great :)

I still am wanting to capture all the cabs I have here.. (and its a lot) - as a correct and porper cab pack(none of my last free cab pack nonsence that was a disaster really) - now I have learned the ways of the warrior, I no longer crickett!. (been a long time since I see that film, so dont quote me on that) - hedgehog? panther,, I dunno!.

• I love the TK Metro and I am actually using the solo profile for one side of the sound and I profiled my friends Randall RM50 with the SL+ module and then swapped in a cab from one of the Carol Ann profiles for the other side of the sound and they sound amazing together.

I swapped out a couple of the RM50 profiles with different cabs from your rigs Andy with great success. I love what the Divided by 13 cab does to a sound as well as the Mesa Triple Rec cabs.

I have also messed with using the Rockerverb cabs on some of my Egnater profiles and was blown away.

• Andy , in my experience, alot of guys using the kemper ( Atleast where I'm from) are big metal guys.... Including a few extremely well renowned studios here in central Florida. I cam guarentee you, If you do a metal pack with the quality of pack 3, you will make ALOT of people happy, and sell the pack like hot cakes. I, and a ton of others would probably b more than happy to help you get in the right direction for this, amp selections etc :)

• I've talked with Andy a bit - this is my vision for a metal pack:

1. Key metal amps into key metal cabinets
    2. Three mic techniques per rig: Sneap (single 57), Fredman (dual 57), and a more generic 57+421+121 combo.

Andy's asked me to make a list of what I think are the top 8 metal amps; before I send the list over, maybe you guys can give me an opinion? This is what I have so far:

1. Peavey 5150
    2. Mesa Dual Rectifier (older 2 channel or 2010 3 channel) or Roadster
    3. Krank Revolution 1
    4. EVH 5150III
    5. Bogner Uberschall
    6. ENGL Savage 120
    7. Soldano SLO100
    8. Fortin Natas

For cabinets, I think we'd be fine with just 3; Mesa OS 4x12, 5150III 4x12, ENGL XXL 4x12. (V30/GB/V30). I personally don't find any use for 75's or other V30 based cabinets considering the genre, but I could be alone there.

Personally, I could live without the Savage 120 or Uberschall, or even without the SLO. The big ones for me are the 5150's, DR, and Krank. Wouldn't mind a JSX thrown in, either.

Thoughts?

• I like the list, however many of these Amps have been done ready, and by Andy as well.

I would like to see Amps I've seen yet to be profiled WELL, If at all, the top of my list would be VHT/fryette, my favorite amp company personally. My list would be something like.

1. VHT ultralead/ CLX WITH VHT Cabinet ( this is crucial for the VHT sound)
    2. Engl Savage 120/fireball 2 /SE
    3. More 5153's
    4. Bogner twin jet.
    5. 2 channel rectos( preferably pre 500)
    6. Fortin production amp ( preferably natas)
    7. VHT deliverance 120 ( again, with VHT cab)
    8. DAR ( yea right)

Just my opinion, the diezel Herbert could be added to that list, but there's are some
    Great ones out there, and my personal profiles are indistinguishable :D

• Also, If this is done with a VHT UL/CLX; MAKE SURE ALL PROFILES ARE DONE WITH THE MASTER VOLUME ON ATLEAST 2 O'CLOCK! Please trust me on this seriously, I am a VHT fanatic, their amps turn into beasts with the master up that high, TRUST ME, you will see ;)

• The biggest thing with this pack is that the aim is for recorded tones; almost like a "modern metal producer" pack. The focus would be Sneap/Richardson/Fredman/Suecof/Lewis tones; IMHO, the VHT's, DAR, ENGLs save the S120, and Bogner don't fit that. I'm asking for the 5150 again because while the 6505 profile is great, the midrange is a fair bit different from the 5150+MesaOS+57 combo I know and love.

• The biggest thing with this pack is that the aim is for recorded tones; almost like a "modern metal producer" pack. The focus would be Sneap/Richardson/Fredman/Suecof/Lewis tones; IMHO, the VHT's, DAR, ENGLs save the S120, and Bogner don't fit that. I'm asking for the 5150 again because while the 6505 profile is great, the midrange is a fair bit different from the 5150+MesaOS+57 combo I know and love.

Mark Lewis is one of my best friends, I see him weekly. I have a few of his profiles He used on a few albums, and while they are GREAT, they aren't worlds better than some of Andy's in my opinion... You would really need stem mixes to get those sounds, IMO, and mark would probably tell you the same
    Thing I would bet.

• Krank Revolution 1
    4. EVH 5150III
    5. Bogner Uberschall
    6. ENGL Savage 120
    7. Soldano SLO100
    8. Fortin Natas

Andy, I would surely go with the 5153 and Mesa Recto V30 cab (aiming for that testament sound). SM57 and a Dual Element Audio Technica.
    My metal amp list:
    1 Peavey 5150
    2 two channel Recto (or blackface)
    3 ENGL SAVAGE
    4 FORTIN NATAS -> THIS IS A MUST.

If you guys want to check my tries with metal tones, please check:
    http://soundcloud.com/fenixdoi…mate-kpa-metal-tone-test/

Most of the profiles used where from ampfactory.
    Although a metal pack would increase these tones a TON

Cheers!

• Jeff I'll email you when I'm back at my CPU, on my cell right now. You are correct in a sense, however mark DOES have an uberschall that he loves, and has used it on quite a few albums. He's big on the Herbert right now, he actually profiles my personal Herbert I believe and uses it often lately. I can tell you he loves the KPA, him and suecof both, and use it more often than not as of lately.

Jeff, back at home now, about to email you. Just wanted to touch on this topic alittle. I think it is important to remember that, these producers get these sounds in the "mix" not on their own, and "reverse engineering" if you will, would probably be alittle difficult. I still stand by what I said about stem mixes. For instance, I used one of marks profiles that he used on a very famous album that has been released in the last year. The result? Sounded virtually nothing like the band in which he used this profile on. I think it is important to remember, these guys are the best of the best, and they still have jobs, for a reason, it is all about their mixes (duh right?). My newest recordings, which I'll put up soon, were virtually all andys profiles, and the 5150 sits great in the mix, there is no denying that, I can see why you, and many others love it. It is one of my favorite amps, I think I've owned about 5 of them haha!

Furthermore, you are right, those guys dont use VHT's, or DAR's etc. In fact, Lewis for example hates the VHT sound, he thinks its too dry etc. But for me, I love it, and the ultralead is still my favorite amp on the planet. I think adding some extra amps, as well as profiling the "tried and true" sounds (5150 into a mesa cab for example) would be a great idea, allowing you to get your own sound, as well as develop your own mixing skills, while still having some of those classic tones. Emailing you now!

i would buy that in a second!!!