Realistic Mark IIc+ profile?

• Has anyone out there got what they consider to be a dead-on accurate profile for this 'amazingly hard to capture' amp? I, like many others find this tone to be perfect for many melodic solo situations, but I have not as yet heard a convincing profile for the KPA...

All modelers known to man 8o

• I haven't heard one yet either, at least not dilated like i would, I owned a Mark IIc+ for a few years it was one of my favorite lead tones when cranked, sold it when I bought a Triaxis, but what a big mistake..

• Hi Hadley, glad to see you back. The profile in the AmpFactory is really great, i used to have a MkIIc and for what I can remember it is very close. Lot better then the MkV and IV versions.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• He's actually got a Mark IIc as part of the free classic rigs pack. Not sure what the difference is between the regular and + versions are of the amp.

Just the settings at which the amp was profiled.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Not sure if the Mark IIc vs Mark IIc+ are two different physical amps

Sorry Will, I thought you mean the profile. The Mark IIc+ has a different lead circuit with more gain, reverb and FX loop...and IIRC was the first Mesa working in Simul class as well....

• I played some solos through a rented Mk IIB once, and it was *SO easy* to get a smooth singing tone right off the bat - Excellent Amp! In some ways, I like the tone better than the Mk IIC+ ...

All modelers known to man 8o

• I played some solos through a rented Mk IIB once, and it was *SO easy* to get a smooth singing tone right off the bat - Excellent Amp! In some ways, I like the tone better than the Mk IIC+ ...

Yep, and MB only made that model for about 6 months in 1978 IIRC. I had been on a waiting list for a year when my name came up. It was spring and Randall's wife (at the time) said he was building them out on the deck because the weather was so nice.

It was in a Koa hardwood cabinet with an EV speaker, and weighed a ton...but had a ton of tone. :)

I eventually sold it to a guy (who has since passed away from heart issues) who was the world's largest collector of hardwood enclosed Boogies. He said it was the best sounding one he'd ever heard....he raved on and on about it.

• I owned a Mark IIc+ for a couple of years. Just an incredible amp. I wasn't even looking for an amp at the time - someone carried it into my dorm room at college and insisted I buy it for $300! I gave it a listen and immediately started begging, borrowing and stealing. In retrospect, it seems like that amp chose me.

A couple of years later I moved to CA for a little while, and when I flew back East I agreed to sell it instead of troubling my roommate to ship it back to me. I got a whopping $350. Stupid stupid stupid...

• I have one with Petrucci Mods !!

Unofrtunately, last friday I wanted to use to prepare profiling but I faced huge problems with my Lead channel which became totally anemic :(
    > I have to find time to go to an ampdoctor. Bruno ? VHM at Paris ? I won't let this baby in a bad amptech hands !!

I would love to profile it with TylerHB which has the most impressive cab profile out there once repaired... but he lives far from me...

Not easy. In a first time, once repaired I will take time to make DI profiles...

• personally I have struggled with The Amp Factory Mark IIC mod pack. Its only like £4 so its super cheap but it just doesnt sound very good and ive really tried to get something good from them. Until DJEMASS profiles his own i'm happy to stick to the free mark profiles. WIth some tweaking and matching with other cabs (not always the recto ones) you can get some really singing lead tones. I am anyway, havent touched my MarkIV for over a month now. That being said, the authentic profile could be amazing, hopefully the doc can work some magic :)