Lost USB key

• Hi guys,
    could you please help me. I've lost my USB key where I used to make backups and everything around the Kemper. I formatted a second key on my mac, sticked it into the KPA to let it format the new flashdisk and then the lights turned off on the KPA, but it still sounded. It works well without the flashdrive in it. What can I do now? thank you for the answers
    ps: I'm on 1.1.0 yet..

• Hi!

I'm no sure that I can help you. As I understand the situation :

- the KPA is working correctly without the USB key inserted.
    - you insert the USB key
    - then the UI (user interface) goes down (no more light on the screen, the buttons and the leds go out, is that it ?)

This seems to indicate that the DSP is still functionning, since you have sound, but that the UI has crashed.

This may be because something is wrong with your USB key -- can you try this with another key that you do not format
    on the Mac ? Like a brand new one 4 Gb correctly PC formated ?

You may also try to suppress any file/directory on your key : drag all icons to the trash basket, and empty the trash.

Also, you may try to put a new version of the KAOS on a key, and try to boot the OS from this key.
    To do that :
    - turn the KPA off - you may wish to disconnect it from the power plug for a few minutes.
    - insert the USB key with the kaos.bin file in the root directory
    - push and hold the EXIT button while you turn the chickenhead knob to TUNER
    If you can boot this way, this indicates that there is no problem with the USB key or the USB plug of the KPA.

If you can't boot, there may be a hardware problem...

You may then want to contact the KPA support...

(you will have to suppress "forum/" that the buggy forum software will insert in this URL :thumbdown: )

Good Luck!

J. Jacques.