...And so its gone..

• well one of my LEDS anwyay :(
    quite gutted actually.. not once has the Kemper ever let me down.. now it looks all goofy like its missing teeth.

Me too, since the 1.5 Update. The second Volume LED is dead ;( Didnt have the time to take care of it. Is it possible that some kind of system reset might fix this? Don´t wanna send my KPA in for repair, can´t live without it.

• Me too, since the 1.5 Update. The second Volume LED is dead ;( Didnt have the time to take care of it. Is it possible that some kind of system reset might fix this? Don´t wanna send my KPA in for repair, can´t live without it.

Curious...is there a service center in the US or do the units have to go back to Germany? Reminds me, if there's a warranty card, I'd better fill it out...

• Curious...is there a service center in the US or do the units have to go back to Germany? Reminds me, if there's a warranty card, I'd better fill it out...

There is a service center in Texas, and I believe, your warranty is activated by registering your serial number on the Kemper site.

• So, is that about hardware or software ??
    Or both ? ?(
    btw, LED's are one of the best thing with Kemper , so intuitive , live thing.....

Hey CK, please chime in , we don't want Andy to stop his Terminator profiling job ! :D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Is it worth contacting support for this? I don't really want to bother them for things that are unfixable. Just wanted to know of anyone else that has had this problem.. And what to do about it. If its just a led that's died, and that's all it seems to be then a local tech can fix that but would make warranty invalid,

Don't really want to send the kpa away for weeks, I simply would not survive.

• there is a test the kpa gives itself where you push every single button on the panel, testing the leds etc. it ticks each button off one by one as you go through the process. its easy enough to do, ive done it a few times but dont recall which menu its in

• Same problem from April for me... the fourth LED of the volume OFF !!!

... the support opened a ticket for me and when I want they can repair my unit.

The problem is that I don't want to stay without the KPA for 2 weeks now, so maybe I will wait till vacation period or something like that...

Another idea can be to BUY another KPA just for this issue ;(:S

• For those keeping count this is the fourth known case of this happening. I sent mine in for repair due to 2 led's being out (one on gain, one on volume) and they sent me a whole new un opened unit. Im more curious is to what is causing this. Led's should not go out this quickly. I was the first that I know of to post on this problem. My unit was only a couple of months old when this started happening. Ive had my current unit for a few months now and no leds yet.......but what happens when the warranty expires?

• For those keeping count this is the fourth known case of this happening. I sent mine in for repair due to 2 led's being out (one on gain, one on volume) and they sent me a whole new un opened unit. Im more curious is to what is causing this. Led's should not go out this quickly. I was the first that I know of to post on this problem. My unit was only a couple of months old when this started happening. Ive had my current unit for a few months now and no leds yet.......but what happens when the warranty expires?

I am a bit unsure about all this. Guess i will keep it and send it back before the 3 years Thomann guarantee expires. Perhaps it is some some of fabrication issue that will get fixed in a newer hardware revision.

• I am a bit unsure about all this. Guess i will keep it and send it back before the 3 years Thomann guarantee expires. Perhaps it is some some of fabrication issue that will get fixed in a newer hardware revision.

I was thinking exactly to do the same (I buy from Thomann too) and wait some time to repair the unit... and anyway TODAY I have the big surprise, the second LED has gone, from the BASS knob this time, aaahhhh !!!!

• This is pretty rampant. Is there something we could do to prevent it from happening? Is there an overcurrent to the the LEDs, blowing them out or something?

• Normally should the KPA be designed so that the LED's can't be damaged even when set to max brightness.

But yes, the LED's get VERY bright - so I use them always dimmed down - no problems here.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• yes it doesnt make sense unless they are using cheap ass led s which i would hope not for a 2000 unit!!!!

should get at least the mid grade leds.

Like i said before i have many old effects processors with lots of leds and none of them have ever gone bad ! not even one

normally led s shouldnt

• Im imagining in my head all the kemper untis a year or two from now , with only half the leds working , geez then in 3 or 4 see them on ebay with half the leds out

man i hope they fix this , such a great unit soundwise , but a silly flaw and what if leds blow in say 2 years after we buy it? are we all gonna send it back or just live with it.