...And so its gone..

• hm, that sounds strange - normally LED's should last for years.

The average lifetime for a LED is 100000hours - about 11,5 years continues on.

The lifetime will be reduced dramatically if the LED get to hot - no problem here in Germany ;) or if the current is to high - that's why I recommend to dim them down (see my settings above) - my KPA runs a few hours every day since the end of last year - all LED's are fine.

Perhaps the LEDs are of Chinese origin. Their failure rate and QC for electronic parts is pathetic. :thumbdown:

NOTE: I'm NOT accusing Kemper of anything here...just thinking out loud...sometimes when you source parts the country of origin is unknown. ?(

• Hi folks, sorry to hear about led -problems.
    Can you please tell do you have white or green KPA -if there is some difference how they are constructed?
    I have green one, no problems so far.

-Olli

• White or Green?

Do you mean Green or Black?

I own the Green one (since December 2011) and all is fine.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• How to get people confused..... ?( 8| :D

I believe you both mean Black or White....they're all green... :rolleyes:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• or for a more vintage approach..
    WhiteFace & BlackFace

Hah! All the little things can get confused... ;)
    good that we are not aeroplane pilots -that kind of conversations can maybe be found from Black Boxes afterwards (and funny thing is that they arent either black).. :wacko:
    Yeah, maybe WhiteFace & BlackFace is the correct way to say it :thumbup:

• hehe for kemper, whiteface is more vintaginess. this will be fun when talking profiles of blackface fenders on whiteface kempers...
    lets hope the vintagy sound isn't due to the leds...

• The vintage Kemper sounds much better - and in case we ever get rid of the artifacts - then people will complain that it sounds different ;)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hello - my LEDs are fine up to now but since updating to the latest firmware the Kemper has lots of dead pixels in the upper right corner of the display. The Pixels are always black and so it looks like a big scratch on my display. Very sorry about that. Will send it back to Thomann. ?(

multiple Parker nightfly guitars, KPA & remote, DXR 10 stereo setup

• Yesterday I had my first dead LED. It is the 10 o clock in the Volume ring. "Whiteface" Kemp, bought in June. I always had the LEDs quite dim.

I hope it is a software issue. I don't want to send away my Kemp for repair. :(

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• welcome to the club, my first led is gone. 3rd on GAIN - waiting for the next ;( .....

had my kpa for 11 months (white face :D ) and always dimmed.

Any Comment from Tec support ?

cheers

N

• Any Comment from Tec support ?

They say the LEDs are prolly physically blown, so no remote debuggable software error.
    And they advised me to contact the dealer.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Biggest problem for me is to choose the period of repair into some weeks, when I am touring with my acoustic guitar. But this is feasable because they say this issue with the LEDs won't cause any other damages in other circuits and on the repair they will exchange the complete frontpanel. So until then it is likely that more LEDs say goodbye but I can wait for the right moment to send in my KPA.

www.audiosemantics.de

• OK guys
    I have the 1.1.0 version and have not visited this site for a while. I was excited to know there are newer updated but only to find people with so many issues. My led lights have been fine fine so far and I have no real need to update any time. I had this unit more than 6 months and I'm happy with it. But reading the forum once in while helps and I'm surprised that this led issue has not been responded by the kemper. I'm going to hold on to any updates for a while and if things are not fixed after a while,then I'll have to decide if I really want to keep this unit. I hope they fix the updates.

• OK guys
    I have the 1.1.0 version and have not visited this site for a while. I was excited to know there are newer updated but only to find people with so many issues. My led lights have been fine fine so far and I have no real need to update any time. I had this unit more than 6 months and I'm happy with it. But reading the forum once in while helps and I'm surprised that this led issue has not been responded by the kemper. I'm going to hold on to any updates for a while and if things are not fixed after a while,then I'll have to decide if I really want to keep this unit. I hope they fix the updates.

I think you're confused.

Just do an update using 1.5.0 or 1.5.2 or 1.5.3
    The new features in these updates are brilliant.
    Make sure you have around 1000 Profiles or less.

No problems, works perfectly.

• The Led issue has nothing to do with FW, is an hardware issue. The last update is rock solid.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm surprised that this led issue has not been responded by the kemper.

AISB: Support told me it is a hardware issue, it is not a FW issue and it is not really dangerous, i.e. it won't affect other functions.

The Led issue has nothing to do with FW, is an hardware issue.

Many users can repeat this many times but still it won't have the same weight than one single official statement from Kemper here.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.audiosemantics.de/FORUMS/his-masters-voice.png]

www.audiosemantics.de