...And so its gone..

• I noticed a couple of days ago that I have a dead led on my black toaster. I've opened a ticket with support but thought I would revive this thread to see if others are still seeing this problem. I'm on the latest beta firmware if it matters.

Cheers,

jayson

• I just got an automated reply with a ticket number. I figure with weekend I won't hear back until early next week. I'm actually not sure how long it was dead as it's on the high end of the volume knob; I was auditioning an acoustic patch and needed more volume when I noticed it.

Cheers,

jayson

• Tell us what they have for you Canandians.

It is a hardware problem, so expect, that you have to send in your unit for servicing and wait two weeks plus the time for the shippment there and back. That is why I still don't have my dead LEDs fixed. I am in Germany but I don't find a Month where I can do without the Kemp.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Maybe I'm wrong but IIRC the first dead LED's were reported long before flashing LED's were spotted.
    Anyway, it would be nice to get an official statement from Kemper here about the dependencies ( e.g. a certain batch of KPA's and their LED's, how light or dark the LED's are run etc.).
    I was a bit surprised that the new dead LED spotting was from a black KPA. I had thought before only white ones had this.
    But like I said, I could be wrong.
    8)

• I just come back from the post office. Sent my Kemp to Recklinghausen (Via Burgebrach) to have the toothless LED smile fixed. Two weeks, they said. Plus the time in the mail. June is perfect for this, only acoustic guitar stuff to do.

Three, long kemperless weeks!

On the way back I bought a bottle of Grüner Veltliner and a glass of PATAK'S Hot Lime Pickle .

Hope this helps.

Three, long kemperless weeks!!! ;(

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Maybe thats the reason why they removed the LEDs from the EQ knobs on the rack version....

its part of the reason I keep it Lunchboxed! The LEDs look soooo much cooler....its definitely a pleaser for my inner-geek....its like a spaceship! :thumbup:

• Multiple LEDS went out in my gain and presence controls. Customer service sent me a prepaid shipping label to send it to the service center in the US in Texas. The service center told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks for them just to get to it, but if I was willing to pay $50 US for expedited service, they would look at it the next business day after they received it. I couldn't imagine being without KPA for over a month (and having to go back to my HD500 :-), so I paid the $50. The KPA was repaired the next day after they received it (they replaced the front panel circuit board) and sent back to me shipping prepaid. Totally worth the $50. Total time was 5 days to get it there, 1 day to repair and 5 days to get it back. It still seemed like an eternity :) But the service was great! Now I am hoping that some changes were made to the circuit board so that it is less likely for the LEDs to go out again.

• When you guys are talking about broken leds, are you talking about the display panel or the lights around the knobs? I got my Kemper LAST week and my display panel is already messed up! It has somekind of blurry cloudish spot of one centimeter in the middle of it! This really sucks... big time, paid 2000$ for a product that breaks in less than a week! :cursing:

• The service center told me it could take 4 - 6 weeks for them just to get to it, but if I was willing to pay $50 US for expedited service, they would look at it the next business day after they received it.

I hope the guys here in Recklinghausen/Germany are reading this. There was no such offer here, I would have loved to pay a little fee to speed up the process. I am now in my second kemperless week. :|

When you guys are talking about broken leds, are you talking about the display panel or the lights around the knobs?

No, this here is about the LEDs in collars around the knobs. Broken displays are not so often reported here AFAIK. They will certainly accept it as warranty repair.

www.audiosemantics.de

• leds should not break at all - only after several years of use.

I hope this is fixed in newer units.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de