Apple - Guitar Amp Pro

• Maybe this has already been discussed and maybe it shouldn't be discussed, but I wonder if Apple would ever offer Kemper a deal to make the KPA a part of Logic Studio, replacing Amp Designer Pro? I had used Emagic Logic for years before Apple bought them out. It started as a sequencer and then with technology I couldn't believe how it made hardware more and more obsolete with soft synths, convolution reverb, and the ability to record digitally to the computer vs. analog tape. I would think that the Emagic guys made quite a bit of money on that deal. Apple seems to buy up technology in many of their apps to put them ahead of the competition and I could see them buying the KPA technology as a plug-in as well, so they'd have the best guitar amp simulator/profiler solution available in a music production software application. I'm not sure if there is anything in the KPA hardware that isn't in a computer already to make this possible? Of course we'd still need the hardware version for gigging, or bring a laptop. Pro Tools could do this as well to get a jump on Apple and let Apple partner with Axe-FX. Just wondering what the future will bring, because with the KPA, who would ever look at Guitar Amp Pro again. They may as well delete it from the software.

• Yes, this would be great - but the problem is copy protection - the save reason why no AxeFx plugin is available yet.

I think a good solution would be some kind of 'total integration' like with the Virus Synth - so the hardware is needed by could be integrated into a DAW in an easier way.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yes, this would be great - but the problem is copy protection - the save reason why no AxeFx plugin is available yet.

I think a good solution would be some kind of 'total integration' like with the Virus Synth - so the hardware is needed by could be integrated into a DAW in an easier way.

I like the fact, that the KPA is OS independent. Let the manufacturers of the sound cards and other interfaces fight that driver war.
    Yes it might seem easier at first, but then again look at all the issues that rise from driver development for new OS versions.
    The way it is now, the Kemper can be integrated into any recoding situation at any given facility at any given time.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Maybe this has already been discussed and maybe it shouldn't be discussed, but I wonder if Apple would ever offer Kemper a deal to make the KPA a part of Logic Studio, replacing Amp Designer Pro? I had used Emagic Logic for years before Apple bought them out. It started as a sequencer and then with technology I couldn't believe how it made hardware more and more obsolete with soft synths, convolution reverb, and the ability to record digitally to the computer vs. analog tape. I would think that the Emagic guys made quite a bit of money on that deal. Apple seems to buy up technology in many of their apps to put them ahead of the competition and I could see them buying the KPA technology as a plug-in as well, so they'd have the best guitar amp simulator/profiler solution available in a music production software application. I'm not sure if there is anything in the KPA hardware that isn't in a computer already to make this possible? Of course we'd still need the hardware version for gigging, or bring a laptop. Pro Tools could do this as well to get a jump on Apple and let Apple partner with Axe-FX. Just wondering what the future will bring, because with the KPA, who would ever look at Guitar Amp Pro again. They may as well delete it from the software.

Can't imagine anyone is ever considering this.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• If Kemper sold to Apple, they would redesign the product and eliminate all the industry standard ports, make it non-serviceable, and lock it to a horrible software (iTunes) to transfer profiles. Simpletons would love it and I would never buy another Kemper....ever. Sound familiar?

• I like the fact, that the KPA is OS independent. Let the manufacturers of the sound cards and other interfaces fight that driver war.
    Yes it might seem easier at first, but then again look at all the issues that rise from driver development for new OS versions.
    The way it is now, the Kemper can be integrated into any recoding situation at any given facility at any given time.

True that the KPA is OS independent and Kemper doesn't have to worry about any drivers. But that's because the KPA doesn't have any computer connectivity! Personally I think this is a big missing feature and Kemper dropped the ball. At least supporting one OS would have been very nice. Surprising omission given that just about every other product in the digital domain has this ability (even the $50 ones).

• You're joking, right?

Not at all - I have recorded some great-sounding tracks & solos using it. (incorporating the typical pre & post EQ techniques I normally use) I have even gotten some cool sounds with Logic's Guitar Amp Pro as well...

All modelers known to man 8o

• Not at all - I have recorded some great-sounding tracks & solos using it. (incorporating the typical pre & post EQ techniques I normally use) I have even gotten some cool sounds with Logic's Guitar Amp Pro as well...

I'm amazed, not that you'd create a great sounding track or solo using it, as that's a given with your fingers and skills, but seriously, Logic's amp stuff is one of the main reasons I wrote off amp sims for the longest time, although I can see how you might use them for some variation from the stock logic distortion plugins on vox or synths for some interesting effects.

• Per - It appears we have simply had different experiences with Amp Designer Pro. I'm certainly not here to say it's comparable to the KPA... I just think it's very good to be included with a $500 DAW. I will always much prefer to use my KPA! 8)

All modelers known to man 8o