KPA with POD HD500 midi control

• I'm looking at using my HD500 as a foot controller for my KPA, do I need just 1 midi cable (out from POD in to KPA) or 2? For the most part, I'll want the pod for changing presets, turning on/off KPA effects, KPA wah control and maybe putting it in the KPA's loop for pitch shift (if ever) effects. For a complete MIDI newb, how much work will this be? Is it as simple as assigning a POD switch to the corresponding KPA MIDI #?

• Hi,
    you need only one midi cable because the kpa doesn't send back anything for now.
    You can use the hd edit program to set up your hd 500 midi setup.
    Its easy.

• I'm looking at using my HD500 as a foot controller for my KPA, do I need just 1 midi cable (out from POD in to KPA) or 2? For the most part, I'll want the pod for changing presets, turning on/off KPA effects, KPA wah control and maybe putting it in the KPA's loop for pitch shift (if ever) effects. For a complete MIDI newb, how much work will this be? Is it as simple as assigning a POD switch to the corresponding KPA MIDI #?

1 - midi cable: midi out from POD to midi in on the KPA.

Everything you want to do can be done easily.

You assign the KPA midi PC numbers to the POD foot switch positions - not the other way around.

• does anyone know if POD HD500 can be used with KPA using bottom row as midi channels and top row as stomps/delay etc?

This is exactly the way I use mine. FS5-FS8 switch between patches or rigs via program changes. FS1-FS4 are on/off stomps for KPA effects. Use the foot pedal for wah.

It works really well, plus I run the HD500 into the KPA effects loop for the crazy pitch effects that the KPA doesnt have yet. In that setup you really can't have control over many KPA effects. Because you'll need one stomp button dedicated to turning on/off the effects loop, and then a few stomps buttons that don't send MIDI because they are used to turn on the Line 6 effects. So it's a give and take.

• This is exactly the way I use mine. FS5-FS8 switch between patches or rigs via program changes. FS1-FS4 are on/off stomps for KPA effects. Use the foot pedal for wah.

It works really well, plus I run the HD500 into the KPA effects loop for the crazy pitch effects that the KPA doesnt have yet. In that setup you really can't have control over many KPA effects. Because you'll need one stomp button dedicated to turning on/off the effects loop, and then a few stomps buttons that don't send MIDI because they are used to turn on the Line 6 effects. So it's a give and take.

Interesting this was pretty much my next question

• Hey Guys, search for the posting

"KPA as fx in L6 POD HD Pro" LINK should work now

The HD Pro uses, I believe, the same file format as HD500 (you just have to change the extension)

For me it worked the other way round HD500->HDPro

Yes, there are other ways to connect KPA and POD, but this was my example ;)

Have fun

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

Edited 6 times, last by McRalfix ().

• link not working