Buying Profiles; and44 and armin

• Have to say that Andys way of presenting and selling his profiles makes me feel more comfortable than Armins way. I had the chance to try some od Andys profiles for free to get a indication what quality I will get when buying, then I been buying. Without the chance of trying one or some of Armins (or any other commercial sellers) profiles (I did refuse the offer of someone getting the profiles for free - btw, is that outlawed?) on a legal way I will not take the step and spend money for these.

When buying software you can try demos before, and when buying hardware, you got a money back warranty as ruled by german "Fernabgabegesetz". But what is a profile? ;)

Would be nice and a much better way having the chance of checking out profiles from commercial sellers for free, before buying a pig in a poke. :D

+1

• You can want stuff for free but its up to the person selling whether they are willing to provide a sample or not. The free stuff from Andy is not the same stuff you buy IIRC, they are earlier profile sessions with different amp settings I think from when he was getting to know the unit. They each have a completely different take than the other on the product they're delivering and both have some unique content amp wise. As a consumer, you really have the power to support/not support whichever companies you choose.

• He never appologizes, and if you question those ethics they are returned with damnation from users that he is not a PR person but a genius that tells it like it is. Of course you can search these posts and see who the kool-aid staff is. But, if you know the forum juggernaughts' I am sure you know who the biggest proponent of this is. He has been on this forum pontificating already.

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• Armin, that Fender 52 Deluxe sample sounds incredible! I do believe that will be on my wish list. See I'm not an evil Ogre 8o

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• This is such a difficult area, it does come down to personal taste, and for me Andy's profiles are head and heels above any others i've used, and i have bought some of Armins, they just seem more real

I think the beauty of a forum is that it does allow everyone to express opinions, effectively provide recommendations, and if anyone wanted any validation 100's of very satisfied customers tells its own story

• :thumbup:

This is such a difficult area, it does come down to personal taste, and for me Andy's profiles are head and heels above any others i've used, and i have bought some of Armins, they just seem more real

I think the beauty of a forum is that it does allow everyone to express opinions, effectively provide recommendations, and if anyone wanted any validation 100's of very satisfied customers tells its own story