Blue Amps comes out with the "Camper"

• Welcome Tilman,

It looks like you guys are taking this market very seriously. Very good.
    I am very curious how this new amp/cab solution will perform. Seeing the serious attitude from both of you I am betting it will perform as aspected. So bring the thing out so that others can start testing it against other solutions. Only then we will know how good it is!

Good job and keep up the good work!

• I think I'd prefer the 2x180W@ eight ohm implementation. The amp section could probably run in mono if desired as well as in stereo when needed. Versatility is a good thing!

• I'd get a mono version, so 1x180W (@8Ω). Not really interested in a stereo setup as for now, since that would require me to bring along 2 FRFR systems or guitar cabs for most shows.

In the other thread I suggested a bridgeable stereo version. This way, you'd be able to have a gorgeous stereo (or W\D\W) system at home/garage, and then go on stage with double the power in mono... and just taking a cab with you :)

• Hey, I did a short Video shootout of the Camper prototype vs. an Atomic FR vs. a Fender Mustang III.
    Camper and Atomic were on Main Out with flat EQ, Mustang was on Monitor Out, Cab off, with a little EQ (taming the treble a bit).
    It's in German but maybe it's useful for some of you.
    I think the differences come through very clearly in the vid.
    Was fun to do as well.
    Thanks Marco for letting me test the Camper.
    My personal conclusion is that in the end it's a matter of taste.
    Atomic and Mustang have way more top end, Camper is warmer in the mids.

Playing was a bit sloppy and room needs some tidying but... O well... :)

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EposJHIveX4

• Hey Doc. I think that link takes people to their own 'My_video' page on YouTube. But I think I tracked you down here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EposJHIveX4

If it's not you then someone else seems to have broken into your home and is going through your gear...he's playing it well though 8)
    The camper sounds the nicest of the bunch to my cauliflowered ears although I'd like to hear the new Atomic CLR when it comes out...

Thanks for the vid. :thumbup:

BTW, I read an earlier post of yours about using the Mustang III with the KPA. I got a Mustang II on a whim a few months before I got my Kemper - I tried the aux in today (No effect loop on the ii) via the KPA monitor out - it's a very serviceable sound from the inbuilt fender 12'' speaker. Plus it's dead light to carry to a small jam. It sounds good through most things really, even through my old Alesis M1 monitors. But I'm hoping to upgrade to the Adam A5X or the A7Xs if I can sell a kidney or two...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• hey tilman/marco, what's that new camper 112 cx on your website, and what's the difference to the "normal" camper 112? ok, seems like more frequency range and more weight&size, but it confuses my whishlist... i was assuming that the frequency response of ther normal one was enough for guitar purposes... your intentions could be enlightening. cheers!

• thanks for getting back to me! still, i keep wondering, what the benefits would be, if just used for guitar monitoring... so the little one sounds "right" right away and the cx one just makes things more complicated? sorry for asking, but i assume the cx one will be more expensive, so i need to ask under which circumstances it could/should be worth it. just using the good old "frfr" typology doesn't quite convince me, as i was thinking that the broadband speaker in the smaller one equally covers all guitar-relevant frequencies - also with flat response. at least this was how i understood your concept.

• lol, i wish there was a lo- and hi cut in that bloooody kemper... but that's another story ;) thanks again. you might hear from me soon...

• So if i read your guide correctly, for amplifying my Acoustic and my electric guitar on 'home' level volume. I would need the Blueamps CAB 212FR, but i would still need a poweramp.
    I assume that the Camplifier 180 would be an ideal match?

Would this setup work for me (home level volume) and sometimes smaller venues?

I now have a Mesa 50/50 tube poweramp and 2 rocktron. And altho they sound good, they only sound good at semi high volume. I need something that sounds good at any volume.