I wish there was a maxon 808 tubescreamer in the stomp collection on the kemper..

• As you can see here:

internal tube screamer sound awful

... we came to the conclusion that our Green Scream stomp is absolutely close to the DO808.

Sorry CK, but the two clips Don posted in that thread sound worlds apart. The Green Scream stomp is absolutely NOT anywhere near close to the OD808; it's more harsh, dry, and removes far more low end from the guitar than the OD808 which sounds big, smooth, and 'open' in comparison (and this is clearly audible in Don's clips).

• Sorry CK, but the two clips Don posted in that thread sound worlds apart. The Green Scream stomp is absolutely NOT anywhere near close to the OD808; it's more harsh, dry, and removes far more low end from the guitar than the OD808 which sounds big, smooth, and 'open' in comparison (and this is clearly audible in Don's clips).

I have to agree on this CK, i hear the same thing as JeffTD and the OD808 is much more warmer and ''wider''!
    I wish you could profile your own pedal and put it in the stomp section so you can use it with any of the profiles you like!

• i wrote a post commenting about the exact same differences between my OD808 and the green screamer. i'm happy that apparently i'm not the only one who hears this...

while the difference is indeed VERY small, it is disturbing enough when used in combination with a high gain amp to clear up the low-end response to achieve more punch. i now either use my real OD808 or a 'graphic EQ' stomp.

on the other hand, the green scream used as a overdrive with a clean amp works good enough for me. therefore, i can understand why many claim the difference to be insignificant/unsubstantial. obviously it's mainly the hi-gain lovers and metalheads that are having a hard time with it (and complaining about it)....

:2c:

• CK please, no more green overdrive pedal models. It's a one trick pony. Instead put a Klon model as this is an iconic unit worthy to reside in the Kemper.

• Sorry CK, but the two clips Don posted in that thread sound worlds apart. The Green Scream stomp is absolutely NOT anywhere near close to the OD808; it's more harsh, dry, and removes far more low end from the guitar than the OD808 which sounds big, smooth, and 'open' in comparison (and this is clearly audible in Don's clips).

I think your right jeff..

i hear that to... :(

So the analog OD808 removes LESS low end in your point of view.
    Do you run your OD808 with Tone set to minimum?

I have posted a reply to the other thread.

Still we are interested in settings that you cannot replicate. Nobody has answered to this question yet.

Edited 2 times, last by ckemper ().

• CK please, no more green overdrive pedal models. It's a one trick pony. Instead put a Klon model as this is an iconic unit worthy to reside in the Kemper.

I'm with this guy. Forget that p.o.c. and find a good old Klon to put in the stomp section.
    You've got some world class amps, why not have the best stomps too ?
    p.s. don't forget to include a spring reverb, thanks.

• I'm with this guy. Forget that p.o.c. and find a good old Klon to put in the stomp section.
    You've got some world class amps, why not have the best stomps too ?
    p.s. don't forget to include a spring reverb, thanks.

Matter of opinion. A Klon would be awesome bu† a 808 has it's purpose too. A staple for metal and SRV used a 808 too I believe.

• So the analog OD808 removes LESS low end in your point of view.
    Do you run your OD808 with Tone set to minimum?

I have posted a reply to the other thread.

Still we are interested in settings that you cannot replicate. Nobody has answered to this question yet.

Yes, it removes less low end. No, I do not run it with the tone set to minimum; I have the tone knob set at 10:30 almost exclusively.

I can't give you settings because I don't use any of the stock profiles, sorry.

• I own a regular tube screamer and use it a lot with settings:
    Tone: 6
    Volume: 5
    Drive: 0

The Green Screamer in the KPA indeed seems to remove more low end than my TS9, and seems to have more distortion at position 0 as well. Also as per CK's explanations the equivalent tone setting in the Green Screamer should be around -2.0, which to my ears remove way too much top end, I ended up using -1.0 which should be equivalent to 8 in my TS9, so I think the controls are a bit off indeed. I would love to see variations on the Tube Screamer, even if it would be a single stomp with a "mode" selector (TS9, TS808, Keeley, Boss OD1, etc). It would also be nice if the controls responded more like the originals in these new models.

• The new Green Scream in FW 1.6 is perfect now! Great job from the Kemper team! Much smoother, better saturation and more play on the tone parameter and the low end is much better! Loving it!

• I report this wiKPA entry as stated from Eng. Kemper. When you can, please let me know whether it has to be modified with FW 1.6 :)

Thank you!