Y - cable

• Hi fellow kempers :)

One small quistion.. ?(

I have my kemper hooked up to my mesa 2:90 with a y-cable to the left and right input of the 2:90 And of couse set the cabs off on the kemper.

It sound fine but wounder if this Is the right way to due it? Or should I use the left/right master out and set cab off and lock it there? :wacko:

also is the signal coming from monitor and master out the same?

I also dont understand why the master out dosent have the cabs off funktion like monitor out ?( it would have come in handy when i have 2 input on my amplyfire.

Help me obi-wan kenobi...your my only help :D

• Are you using the cab simulation simultaneously (for example on the PA) with the 2:90?
    If not you can just turn off the cab simulation (press the cabinet button and press "off") and lock it.
    So you can use the main outs in stereo.

• Are you using the cab simulation simultaneously (for example on the PA) with the 2:90?
    If not you can just turn off the cab simulation (press the cabinet button and press "off") and lock it.
    So you can use the main outs in stereo.

Hi Jimmyno,

Thanks. :)

I due not use cab simulation simultaneously, only play true my 2:90 and 4x12 mesa cab.

I am not a fan of locking the cab and switch rig, as you know the kemper always have some of the sound left from the cabinet of the rig you playing, if you lock that, you will have the same cab on all your rigs :)

Offcourse i can always save all my rigs with cab off, but at home i play true studio monitor and need the cab on All the time.?(

Anyone knows about if the y- cable is ok? :)

• Well, what i think is that the part of the cabinet left is mainly in the amp profile, since it is impossible to separate the two parts completely. Probably the "monitor off" in the menu gives you a similar result of locking a cab off. Have you tried comparing the two things?
    By the way i can suggest you another solution: there are several DI profiles. Just take the cab from the DI's and lock it.
    If you are not happy with that, the Y cable is a good solution. ;)

• If you want to split a mono signal into two,is better IMO to use a splitter box instead of an Y cable, to avoid phase cancellation and/or ground loops. Using a splitter box the two signals are completely isolated.
    I use the excellent Lehle P-split, but you can use any quality line splitter
    http://www.lehle.com/products/…ndex.php?country=&lang=en

Another solution should be, to use only one channel of your power amp with your cab, but you need a dummy load for the second channel.

Edited once, last by grorig ().

• I don't know if I'm missing something, but I have the same situation except for the cabinet (I have 2 2x12 instead of one 4x12).

I have the kemper exiting with two jacks from the master out and going in the Mesa 290 into the two inputs. that is all...............

I guess the power amp and the spoeaker solution is a stand alone one parallel to the kemper-into-the-pa one. from my point of view either you use one or the other. not because you cannot use both but because it is convenient to handle oen or the other solution..........

me, I use the kemper-mesa combo when I am in greater stages in which I use the KPA as a pre to my power amp: the sound is so huge.

then I use the kemper into the pa in smaller situations in which there is no room for speakers and the volume has to be kept down.............

just my cent, though...............

mic

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music