2 X 12 cab or RCF Pair

• Hello all. I have come to a problem in deciding what sound system to use, one that I will not regret and am choosing to ask the audience. If I am to spend big money on Kemper I of course want to make sure that I make the best of it. I am torn between buying a Port City 2 X 12 OS wave cab with a poweramp (Fryette LXii or Matrix GT800 or any suggestions?) or getting two RCF 310A's. Of course the Port City option will cost much more, but I was wondering would it necessarily be better,considering the Kemper would most likely sound best with cab sim off. Or will the two RCF 310's really shine better with the Kemper, I kinda want that amp in the room feel, but also want to have the full effect and best sound I can get from the Kemper. I know these questions are always subjective, but really enjoy hearing others opinion because it really educates me until I make a solid decision. Thank you all for you input in advance. 8)

• It is ONLY subjective. And it changes depending on what you experience. I personally have been playing FRFR for the past 6 years because I've find restrictive to use only 1 cab. But I'm about to give up my RCF NX-12 SMA for a 2x12 FR amp from Blue Amps because it sounds more like an amp and allows me to still use the cab emulation from the Kemper. Honestly I would have not done it without trying it first. Is it the best for everybody? By sure not, but I like it more, is really a feeling/mood decision.
    I would first of all get the Kemper and then start going around and try as much stuff you can, in different days and in different situations (home, rehearsal, stage if possible) in order to really get a feel what your options are. Just my 0,02c

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• See now I have never heard of Blue Amps, and will research that and see if that is what suits me. That's why I love these forums. So much information on things I may never have found on my own.Thanks

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• It is ONLY subjective. And it changes depending on what you experience. I personally have been playing FRFR for the past 6 years because I've find restrictive to use only 1 cab. But I'm about to give up my RCF NX-12 SMA for a 2x12 FR amp from Blue Amps because it sounds more like an amp and allows me to still use the cab emulation from the Kemper. Honestly I would have not done it without trying it first. Is it the best for everybody? By sure not, but I like it more, is really a feeling/mood decision.
    I would first of all get the Kemper and then start going around and try as much stuff you can, in different days and in different situations (home, rehearsal, stage if possible) in order to really get a feel what your options are. Just my 0,02c

Do you happen to have a link for the 2 X 12 FR amp from Blue Amps? Can't find any info on it. ?(

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• Found your thread on Blue AMps! On the other gear page Fractus

• See now I have never heard of Blue Amps, and will research that and see if that is what suits me. That's why I love these forums. So much information on things I may never have found on my own.Thanks

:thumbup:

I'd also consider Matrix' new active and passive cabs, and Atomic's Coincident Linear Reference.
    Both concepts are addressed to guitar players, thus allowing the use of the cab simulations. You may find infos over TGP, for example :)