Ceriatone Trainwreck profiles

• Since I allow donations on my site, not sure if this goes here or on commercial. If it belongs in commercial, admin(s) - feel free to move.

At the bottom of this page

http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/

are several profiles I pulled of my Ceriatone Trainwreck EL84 clone. I've heard clips of other Trainwreck profiles, I think some of these may sound really comparable, you tell me. :)

first five are through my 'magic' '72 Marshall cab
    next four a JCM800 GT75 cab
    next four a newer Marshall V30 1960 lead cab
    and finally a Mesa oversize recto cab

All were miked with an Audix i5, which is to me a SM57 without the nasal fizz. Again, see what you think. Each cab has from lower to medium to high to saturated gain levels.

http://soundcloud.com/okstrat/trainwreck-kemper-cabs

As always, if you use the profiles and can do so, donations always appreciated. There's a good chance I may be changing my way I distribute profiles in the future, overall I've had just over one percent of users donate. That's fine, but it means either I'm going to not spend days profiling amps or I'm going to start charging. If I start charging, then anyone who donated in the past will get some sort of thanks with all of my 'pay for' profiles.

Again, not sure if it's going to come to that. If so, I'll start posting in the commercial profile section. Anyways, let me know what you guys think of these! Enjoy!

Pete

• Donation sent, thanks, Pete.

Going to download them now and check them out.
    I'm liking the tone from your Magic 72 Marshall cab, it's nice and neutral to my ears, no nasal honk.

Thanks man, let me know what you think of the profiles. I still have a few cabs that haven't been profiled yet - one is a '76 Marshall with blackback 55hz celestions, a Randall that was custom made for a VP of sales there, and two mesa boogie halfbacks - one is a 4x12 with the top two speakers open, bottom two closed, other is a vertical 2x12 that is half a halfback. ;)

• Donation sent , will check Trainwreck this night !
    I think you might start charging for profiles as well ...
    Cheers,
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Thanks guys. Now, give me some feedback on the profiles! :) My personal faves are the 72 cab, then the mesa, then the marshall v30 and lastly the JCM800. I'm real curious now to run my 2205 JCM800 through all these cabs because I always paired it with the matching cab - and used to think it sounded too shrill. Methinks it may have just been the speaker cab...

My personal faves are the 72 cab, then the mesa, then the marshall v30 and lastly the JCM800

same here! ;)

may I ask why you set the Definiton to full on all the profiles? I like the sound much better with Def set to 50%. On 100% it sounds harsh and somehow "digital" to me.

• Very strange, I didn't! I did take a previous profile I took of the same amp that may have had the definition cranked, but yeah, set that however you like.

I actually go out of my way to NOT change anything on profiles I post because I want it to be a snapshot of that amp at that time. So yeah, turn that down. I will say the high end on that amp is very crisp, so I'm not sure if definition is something that when you profile, it sets it like the gain. but no, I did not consciously change that setting. I just looked at some new amp profiles I made last night from my Randall setup - and the definition is cranked, but not as much.

My guess (and someone else chime in if you know for sure) the kemper records a definition setting along with the gain of the amp being profiled.

Weird!

Pete

same here! ;)

may I ask why you set the Definiton to full on all the profiles? I like the sound much better with Def set to 50%. On 100% it sounds harsh and somehow "digital" to me.