Clavinet quest

• Hello,

Beeing jalous from a long time ago about keyboard players and their clavinets & rhodes I wanted to experiment something with the great filters from the KPA.

I've managed to do something close to this great electrical harpsicord with 2 frequency filters , Vowel filter & Low pass one. The starting rig is the mighty great conford harlequin :) + lots of EQ & tweaking.

Here is a short loop I did record

https://soundcloud.com/waraba/clavikpa

Hope you enjoy it , it's rather difficult to play since you have to' pinch' the strings to get that funky attack . I used a thinline tele (rear PU with half vol. pot) & noise gate intensity dialed on 6 to kill the sustain.

• Hi

profile uploaded , for those that would like trying this kind of rig made almost from scratch.

I will sound crappy it you don't use : single coil (tele is best ) , bridge PU, vol pot and tone pot at mid position. You'll have to unlock ALL pedals since I had to assign most of them.

I used a dirty trick to damp the sound like a keyboard does : set the noise gate around 4 and up to 7 to find the right sustain.

You also have to play by pinching the string hard & mute, or slaping them. Chords will be slightly detuned due to freq. shifts

feel free to modify filters.

Renaud

• Hi !

I just re-uploaded my old track, for interested folks ( with a normalized volume)

https://soundcloud.com/waraba/clavikpa

Think about this rig as a totally new intrument, it's very rewarding but difficult to play in the keyboard style, it's mainly a question of attack & noise gate tweaking for getting that low sustain. It's much better with a SC tele (like in my recording , bridge PU at 5)

• Nice - but since I play both guitar and keyboards - I always find it funny when a keyboard tries to sound like a guitar or a guitar tries to sound close to keys.

Best and cheap thing is this:
    Midi Guitar

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de