User reviews of Metal producers Pack

• The metal producers pack is likely to be very popular with those of us looking for high quality higain profiles but is it any good?does it "rock"?is it worth spending your hard earned drug and booze money on?post your short reviews and comments in this thread for the many who will be interested in this pack.

I was a bit wary of buying because i havent been too impressed by previous higain offerings from the amp factory but i have to say that this is very good indeed.the cabs are superb,really upfront and powerful,just pure higain.also they will work great with any other decent profiles(watch out tills there is a new cab meister in town!).some people have been asking if the profiles are too scooped,for me they are not at all and these sounds fit into a mix with little or no tweaking.also included are a few gorgeous clean rigs all set up and ready to go with delay etc.
    I am not really a fan of paying for profiles when there are so many great ones freely available but the convenience and quality of this pack leads me to say it is a good buy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:out of 5

• I haven't spent enough time with it to start posting my opinions but so far the Krank models are awesome(tight and clean) and I prefer the 6505 from Pack 3 since they worked better with the guitars I've tried so far. I'll have a playthrough later on today and post my findings.

• Really glad to hear this! :) I really didn't like the Diezel profiles that Andy did but it is good to hear that he did some new work on these latest offerings. I'll be picking these up shortly as well!

• It's really surprised me how sensitive these profiles are to the guitar you use. With my previous modeller (not mentioning any names ;) ) the ultra high gain amps tended to mask the character of the guitar you used and the more gain you added the more "neutral" the tone became. For example there wasn't a whole lot of tonal variation between my mahogany bodied Ibanez and basswood bodied Musicman. With the profiles Andy has done you really need to try a couple of different guitars with them if you can. I've not worked my way through the whole pack yet but I'm loving the 5150 particularly with cab 1 (V30 I assume cos it's got a nice mid range honk?) but when I first tried the Krank and the Fortin I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. They just sounded a bit stiff and fizzy to me (this was with my Musicman JP6). However just like with a real amp changing the guitar was a revelation. With a mahogany bodied Schecter 7 string (with lower output p/ups) both of these profiles roared. Huge sounding!
    I would also recommend careful tweaking of the Distortion Sense too. I personally found that backing off the distortion sense rather than the Gain smoothed the tone out better without losing any sustain.
    Again many thanks to Andy for allowing me to "try" amps I would never have otherwise had the opportunity (or money!)
    Will post up some clips when I get the chance.

• Bought the pack a few days ago, will post full reviews later. The 5153s are all killer, and what really surprised me was his much I enjoy the uberschall profiles, an amp that I've always liked its midrange, but not it's high end. The fortins are really great, just think they need a bit more tweaking than the rest...

Also, the jsx clean profile is my ultimate clean. It is the best effect combo/ clean tone I have ever used, by far. It is STUNNING. Again, will post full review later, but the pack is indeed WELL worth it!!!!