Behringer FCB1010 lag between switching rigs

• Hi All,

After a mission figuring out how to get the KPA going with the behringer fcb1010, I finally managed to get it working (Latest uno chip installed). One thing however I am noticing, is lag whenever I change channels.

Should this be happening>? Its significant enough that I have to time my channel changes about half a second before I want the channel to actually change.

If someone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful!

Thanks !

Chung

• I have this problem to...

Its a real problem when playing live...

I hope there is a fix otherwise i cant use it live anymore.....

• Check that the FCB is sending nothing else when you press the switch otherwise it will send the messages one after the other. I'm using a 15 years old Roland FC-100 and I have no delay at all, I can strike the chord while pressing the switch.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• My Roland FC300 is immediate also. Hook your pedal to a MIDI input in a computer and run MidiOx software (free) to see what it is sending and if the lag is from the FCB1010. I use 2 stock FCB's live and there no delay trigger a DMX lighting console and rack based vocal effects.

The problem is most likely in the FCB's sending a chain of commands. MidiOx will tell the story.

bd

• There might be a correlation with the number of rigs as well. I had over 900 and my Voodoo GCP had a little lag. I'm down aroud 480 ish and it swithces right over. Just an additional variable to check on.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Its a new kemper, just have stock rigs as yet, so it shouldnt be the KPA. Will try the midiox solution and get back to you.

Thanks.

:cursing:

• I'm also experiencing delay when switching. I am using a Tech21 MIDI Moose and it's really annoying because I can't switch and hit an accord or it will be clean at first (when switching to hi-gain for example) and hitting it prior is a matter of luck because sometimes it's too late and othertimes it switches too early. Can't really use it live that way...

I have a lot less then 500 rigs, more like 250.

• I have the FCb1010 (stock, no mods) and I have the same problem :/ a 0,5s lag when switching presets which makes it very hard to use live.
    I dont have any midi input in my computer so I cant check it via midiox. Do You have any other advices?

Thanks!
    Lothar

• Yeah, I have those lags too using a DIY midi board that switches the Axe2 immediately. I don't switch rigs in a song, but it still sucks.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Yesterday I plugged in a new foot controller a custom Zahar Teardrop (very simple, with 4 presets, up/down). I programmed it without any CC, I used only the PC and still - there was the delay... :/
    So i'm thinking, that there are foru options:
    1) There are too many presets on my KPA (~500)
    2) midi cable is a budget one, maye try a new "more expensive" one?
    3) both, FCB1010 and Teardrop are not made to be with KPA
    4) it's KPA fault

What do You think?

Cheers
    Lothar

• Just a side note: when you start the unit, the first 2/3 times you switch it is effectively slower (like something is going on in the background) but then is instant.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff