Lovely. System lockup and "Software Error" message after upgrading to v1.5.2.

• "A SOFTWARE ERROR HAS OCCURRED"
    blah blah blah blah
    Take a picture and contact support.

I love how the Kemper website "support" email form has no ability to attach this "picture" to an email. Frikking brilliant.

Anyone else run into this & find a fix?

I searched and couldn't find anything useful.

• Don't worry, you'll sort it out.

Do you have more than 1000 Profiles on your unit?
    If you do, delete until you're at plus minus 1000.

Put an old firmware on your USB stick...then switch on holding the <Page> buttons.
    Now delete Profiles if you have to and try re-installing the new firmware again.

• Found out how to reinitialize the memory from another thread:

"Erase the internal flash memory

Note: ALL the rigs will be erased during this procedure!! ( credit to billruppert)
    Switch the main knob to off
    Hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD
    while still holding this key - switch KPA to tuner
    Maintenance Module will be started
    In the 'Maintenance' menu goto 'Memory'
    Use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash
    Check if the KPA works (booting, tuner)
    Check all the KPA settings

I will add, go into the SYSTEM block and hit Factory Rigs right most soft button. This restores all factory defaults."

shame it was removed from the other web page...
    After that, I was able to update the os and import my rigs again...

• "shame it was removed from the other web page..."

I removed the explanation of the flash erase feature because CK did not like us to erase the KPA's flash - we should contact support.

btw. it was the only way to get the KPA to work again for me also.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• "shame it was removed from the other web page..."

I removed the explanation of the flash erase feature because CK did not like us to erase the KPA's flash - we should contact support.

btw. it was the only way to get the KPA to work again for me also.

Wow.

So he'd rather a customer be stuck with an $1800 brick for days rather than fix a problem in minutes? I could see how this might be justified if they offered 24/7 tech support...

X(

• Problem was that somebody has misused the instructions and brick'd the unit that had to be sent back to the factory. In that case was not even necessary to completely reset the unit...some people like Armin and yourself understand what they are doing, some else not....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• from a QA point of view though, a fix that has the potential to be easily mis-applied and hence brick the unit, is not a good thing from a user point of view.

Everytime there is an update, this forum tends to have a few "Just upgraded to firmware XXX an it caused an error" type threads. I presume these FW updates are properly tested, yes?

As with the FW updates being released about once a month, and considering that I use my kemper all the time, Im not so sure I want to risk bricking my unit in order to update it.
    I mean, firmware updates for products shouldn't carry this level of risk....

Is there any assurance someone at Kemper can give us that the stability of the firmware updates are properly tested before going live?

• There's a group of users here (including myself) that tests the new Beta FW in real life before release. Previous to that you have Alfa and Beta testing runned by the technical team at Kemper. If you stay below 1000 rigs you'll have no problems updating (BTW: the 1.5.2. is now a release version, not a beta)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• There's a group of users here (including myself) that tests the new Beta FW in real life before release. Previous to that you have Alfa and Beta testing runned by the technical team at Kemper. If you stay below 1000 rigs you'll have no problems updating (BTW: the 1.5.2. is now a release version, not a beta)

Cool. Thats good to know!

I have 400 rigs on my KPA at the moment, though I honestly only use about 30, though I do have quite a few snapshots of some depending on what mood Im in! (ie, if I'm feelng the 80s hairy metal sound on a particular day.... ;) )

thanks...