SOLTON and Hiwatt

• Experimented over the weekend with profiling.
    Fair results are the SOLTON BG 100, a tube amp from the 70ties and a HIWATT DR108 (1973)
    With both a SM58 was used.

Let me me know what you think. Got more gear to profile. Advise is appreciated

Look out for user Labrat

• Before I was married, I used to put Solton everything....my wife, being a nurse, said it was bad for my blood pressure. :D

I'm happy to contribute to some fun, but please fill me in. I've spend quite some time in California and Alabama but newer ran into a nurse with a Solton to take care of my blood pressure! 8o
    If it is to juicy then just PM me...
    Labrat

• Labrat,
    Sorry about the condiments - I had a quick test last night and they sound fine to me. The Solton has a bright and very clean sound, i assume its a transistor, whereas the hiwatt is darker as you might expect. I use a Hiwatt profile from the exchange as my main bass profile - its cracking.
    How real do you think you got to what you hear? It's taken me a number of goes re levels, mic etc to get some decent profile I was happy with.
    What else have you got in your kit-bag? :)
    Neil

• Labrat,
    Sorry about the condiments - I had a quick test last night and they sound fine to me. The Solton has a bright and very clean sound, i assume its a transistor, whereas the hiwatt is darker as you might expect. I use a Hiwatt profile from the exchange as my main bass profile - its cracking.
    How real do you think you got to what you hear? It's taken me a number of goes re levels, mic etc to get some decent profile I was happy with.
    What else have you got in your kit-bag? :)
    Neil

The Solton is actually a tube amp. I got it with a 2x15 cab and can be used as bass amp as well. It seems that it is a German ripoff of the bassman. With the Solton clean sound I'm quite happy. But the Hiwatt is not the real thing - yet. I've got two mics, a SM58 and a Dynacord something 1000 or whatsoever. It seems the Dynacord give me better results, means not so damped. So I agree the one shot approach would not yield expected results. I'm still learning...
    The rest of the Kit-bag is a Dynacord MV46 tube amp and a Laney 100LV (or similar) 3channel tube/solid state amp. The MV46 is a beast - loud and very, very chrunchy. I've made already a profile. I'll upload that tonight.
    Labrat