Best of free Rigs - Submit your favourite rigs according to genre

• I downloaded the Morgan AC 20 by rmpacheco today after seeing this thread. Holy crap man. So sensitive to guitar volume and pick attack. Just the right amount of gain without fiddling with it.
    If digital modeling never gets better than this, I will still be content.

• Everyone should know to download from the Kemper site, Rig packs 1 and 2, These packs have some of the best amps yet ! I know it's been said many times but the S.Mehl cab. from his S.Meil Lead can breath life into almost any Marshall profile.

• Easy answer : CREAM JTA 45 by Geraldo for cleans crunch and heavy.

Gets my vote too...wikid sound; for me, and my CS Relic 61, pumped up the gain, tweaked the EQ and used a Mesa 4x12 cab and it nearly blew my legs off!!! Had to have a hot cup of tea afterwards to calm me down...

Thanks Geraldo...another five stars...

J

• for me THE BEST patch ever is the engl savage by nakedzen. big thanks to him. it's basically the best metal tone (not in a mix) i heard out of a modeler. super tight and has that aggressive high mid attack i want.

• Erik Stam's Legacy 414's are totally me...got five stars with ease...really love the crisp, but smooth smooth tone; even when overdriven to the limit...if you like a really good hi gain rock solo, check it out...

Thanks Erik, made my week!!!! :thumbup:

• Oh dear lord! I just download the Morgan AC20 because of what has been said in this thread about it. I can't believe how amazing it sounds. The expression and dynamics are a thing to behold. I plugged in a Strat, Tele, SG, Les Paul, Hollowbody PRS and a Music Man into it and everything sounded great. Some of the Kemper patches in general sound good with one guitar. This patch is great on everything. I still can't get over it.

Thanks so much for this thread and forum. I never would have found that sound otherwise. That will be my go-to rhythm sound for most everything now. If I boost it, it would even work for some leads.

I edit my posts because of typos. Me mind be moving faster than me fingers!

• Easy answer : CREAM JTA 45 by Geraldo for cleans crunch and heavy.

Hey-ho @ all from Berlin/Germany! My first posting here and I just wanna say thanks for this wonderful and extremely versatile amp! It cleans up very nice, not only by rolling off the volume on your guitar but also according to your picking strength. :thumbup:

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• After about a month of playing at home, I had my first band practice with the Kemper last night. Here are my current favorite profiles (tweaked to taste):

Acoustic:

E Acoustic

Clean:

!JTM30-CLEAN
    Morgan AC20 (rmpacheco) -- great at many different gain ranges

Modulated Clean:

TillS M-100 2 MICS

Hard Rock:

Van Halen tone match (okstrat)
    AFD105
    3 Friedman Marshall (okstrat)

Lead:

Bogner XTC Red (okstrat)

• There is one profile just as good as the Morgan AC20:

Kay Model 703 1962 by Ruppert

Try this with a Les Paul!!! :) Back of some gain for some awesome clean to mild breakup tones. Also works very well with single coils. With my LP its almost Bonamassa... PAF tones, (whatever that means!?) ;)

If I had to pick only two... Theese would be the ones over all the purchased profiles. :thumbup:

• for me THE BEST patch ever is the engl savage by nakedzen. big thanks to him. it's basically the best metal tone (not in a mix) i heard out of a modeler. super tight and has that aggressive high mid attack i want.

Thanks man! My favorites for metal (I like my own profiles obviously as well):

ILM BLACKSTAR ONE 2 by Juanma Blanco
    VH4 Channel 3 + TS by Dirk Gooding
    Fireball Metal 2 by Zaubermaus
    EVH5150 VANH by And44
    6505+ Crunch by Dirk Gooding
    SansAmp PSR-1_24 by r.u.sirius (for that old school ss sound)
    Soldano X88R Rhythm by FRPC
    Uberschall 2 by Mudrock

All with Tills Recto 009 cab.

• This thread seems dead, but I think it's a great idea to share this kind of info!

As I'm a noob to KPA and this forum,I might be missing something, but why is such a nice thread obsolete?

btw. I can't seem to find that CREAM JTA45 profie by Geraldo (I can't find the guy either) in the rig exchange... Do u guys know where could I get it?

Thanks in advance!!!

• It's way easier to use RigManager (download via Kemper homepage). After installing you can use the search function of RM.

Yeah, but IMO commenting why this or that rig works fine for you is part of the good things of a forum like this. You know, I like words better than numbers. Maybe if there was a user comment section in the RM...

Any ideas on the CREAM JTA45 profie by Geraldo? It vanished from the RM and i want to try it so bad!. =O

• Up to now you didn't ask for user comments regarding this rig, so I couldn't know about it when I answered. :)

Are you sure you don't mix up RigExchange and RigManager? By the way: Both don't include user comments (in words) but votes. I'm sure you'll find the rig if you use RigManager. It must be there.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Up to now you didn't ask for user comments regarding this rig, so I couldn't know about it when I answered. :)

Are you sure you don't mix up RigExchange and RigManager? By the way: Both don't include user comments (in words) but votes. I'm sure you'll find the rig if you use RigManager. It must be there.

Hey! thanx for answering again!

Well I am looking for it in the search option of RM, which actually searches into RigExchange, am I right?

The only rig I find with a similar name is "CREAM JTA45 2", and the author is called Nogger. No user ratings. I'm pretty sure that ain't the one you guys were talking about back in the day, right?