Best of free Rigs - Submit your favourite rigs according to genre

• Hi Everyone,

as a result of a discussion in another thread the idea came up to collect ideas for genre specific "Best of" rigs. Those could serve as "demonstration" rigs or some kind of compilation. Perhaps, after gathering ideas for specific genres we could devide this thread further and have votings there.

I would suggest as few basic genres as possible like "clean", "crunch", "solo" ,"metal" and "FX". Please submit only free and non-commercial rigs so that those rigs can be further distributed in some kind of compilation.

So, what are your favourites?

• Easy answer : CREAM JTA 45 by Geraldo for cleans crunch and heavy.

This amp suits every style you can imagine with a single profile : warm cleans , funk , jazz, blues, classic rock & heavy rock.

This rig also sounds very well on each speaker / amp / monitor I tried , without any major tweak.

CK please put this rig in a 200€ single pedal (Sans Amp style ) with the fender pro Junior & a hi gain rig and wou'll sell them by thousands :)

R.

• Metal,Solo-
    -Diezel VH4 E906, Diezel VH4 SM57 (Kojak),
    -all rigs FastRedPonyCar,
    -all rigs Ola Englund
    -Blackmore CH3 V30, Blackmore CH3 G12H30(Unicursal)
    -MK50 d7 delay(ivan91)
    -all rigs Mudrock

Crunch-
    -Marshall Golub Crunc(Marko)
    -Maz 8(Mikey Wang)
    -1 Maverick SM57, 5 Cameron Atomica, Marshall 72 SM57(okstrat)

Clean-
    -Fender SuperChamp(Franxx)
    -Sultan(M.Franzkowiak)

• For me it's the Morgan AC 20 by rmpacheco.

Covers everything from clean to gritty extremely well.
    It's a beautiful, rich, blooming tone.
    Also takes pedals like nothing else.
    I have been using it almost exclusively for MONTHS.

Super great profile! :thumbup:

Same for me, I can't stop using this profile for some reason. It covers a lot of ground with a strat and very few effects.

• 1.Morgan 20

2.Pitbull
    3.Legacy's from Eric
    4.Tony McKenzie Satch Marshall
    (cannot remember the right names , not with the my Kemper at the moment )

In the terms of music I play, I am not sure do I really need any other profile ( except maybe my owns (working on that.... ) )

It doesn't mean there is no "better" profiles ,there are hundreds of them for sure , but this is just me. :whistling:

(Idea is to get down to 128 profiles .
    Did a great job cutting from 2.000 to 600 , another 400 or so on its way for deleting ..
    .)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• great thread !
    With my Les Paul: most chosen are

'EAVEY
    VooDooLabPre RTHM (with till mixed cab 022)-crank up the gain -this preamp can do no wrong!

CRUNCHY
    Dav EJ 100w (with till cab) - i swear i can hear the glass cooking in the valves in this one
    Peavey c30 Pagey- (with Till Cab 1) -very underestimated
    Vampower mk3- for you 70s glam rockers

HUMBLE
    Cornell Romany Plus (with Dammit cab)-addictive
    Vox 30w TB Cl- profiled from fractal. Managed to crossover really well.

CLEAN AND SLINKY:
    Velocette 10 335 (with Till mixed 4x12 022 ) the clean sound that just keeps on giving

BEAUTIFUL FREAKY FAVES:
    Moog Distortion, and just about anything from Ruppert:VG99 Acoutic fuzz, German fuzz, Rodes Piano ,Drive thru speaker.....etc

• Indeed a great threat...

Thx for the tip for the VooDooLabPre RTHM

I use a different cab with it and it rocks....

Very good for high gain to :):thumbup:

• For me it's the Morgan AC 20 by rmpacheco.

Covers everything from clean to gritty extremely well.
    It's a beautiful, rich, blooming tone.
    Also takes pedals like nothing else.
    I have been using it almost exclusively for MONTHS.

Super great profile! :thumbup:

I have to agree with this as well, it's my number one for everything except harder rock. I then use the Marshall Golub Crunch with a Green Scream in front.

• ENGL Fireball Clean (Me)
    Mesa MK III Clean (SBS76)
    Marshall JMP 1 Lead & Ultra (ETS)
    Marshall JVM Fortin (Pete Turley)
    Metallica EQ Macthing (Till Schleicher)
    Metallica & Pantera Tone Clone + Mesa + Randall (http://www.silentundergroundstudio.com)
    Diezel VH4 (Dirk Gooding)

Big tnx to all of them!!!

Gtr: ESP Jeff Hanneman sign, Ibanez Universe
    Amp: JCM 800 2203 Kerry King sign, Kemper PA
    Cab: Marshall 1960 vint.

Edited 2 times, last by Belvar ().

• Well, it's a great thread and great idea, but it would be a lot better if each guy zipped up his favourite Profiles and linked it to Dropbox...that would be sharing.
    Like this, it can take hours to search and find the Profiles listed.

• Well, it's a great thread and great idea, but it would be a lot better if each guy zipped up his favourite Profiles and linked it to Dropbox...that would be sharing.
    Like this, it can take hours to search and find the Profiles listed.

+1 :thumbup:

Really a great idea!

And perhaps a wish for the rig exchange to be able to link to a search result or a specific profile?

• And perhaps a wish for the rig exchange to be able to link to a search result or a specific profile?

True.
    But it's just so easy to copy/paste a dozen Profiles into a zip, Dropbox the zip...boom, a few seconds work instead of searching them out one by one.
    Plus, I want the users tweaked version, I don't want the original...I want to see what tricks and ideas the user had/used when he started tweaking.

Look in the Free Profiles section, I started a couple of threads sharing a Zip of various free profiles of various amps.

• Old School Category - lol

Bill Rupert uploaded a Kay Model 703 1962 that, to my ears is something special and unique amongst the thousands of rigs I've tried. I can't put my finger on it but it is so sweet and old school.

If anyone knows of any others along the same sort of vibe - please let me know. I would like to here someone profile one of those old transistor radios that people convert to little amp. Not meant to hijack this thread.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I've always liked that Kay too. There are a few others like, Powderfinger, Tweed B.B. , Silvertones and Valco, but none of them captured the essence as well as that Kay profile. I sure wish someone with 50's small combos would do some profiles.