what kind of PU do you use?

• The profiler can enhance the characteristics of various pickups better than any single tubeamp. The guitars I use most are:

• A Fender strat with SD APS-1 single-coils and a twang-banger in the bridge.
    • A Tom Anderson HSH superstrat with some of TAs hottest passive pickups
    • An old Gibson LP Custom with Burstbuckers (II + III)
    • A Fender Nashville tele with G/B-bender and Lollar vintage T-series pickups
    • A Martin PA-series acoustic with a Fishman piezo + condenser blend system
    • A Yamaha nylon acoustic with Yamaha's split piezo (3+3)
    • An acoustic bass with Fishman piezo
    • A National Duolian resonator with Fishman resonator pickup
    • A Duesenberg Fairytale lapsteel with proprietary humbucker and p90 pickups
    • A Heritage H575 with Bareknuckle pickups. A StormyMonday humbucker in the bridge and a HalfNote P90 in the neck-posistion

This cover most bases, except high-output active pickups. The KPA handles everything brilliantly.

• Somewhat of an update on mine:
    1.) Gibson Les Paul Axcess - Dimarzio Super Distortion (changing to Norton) and Transition neck (changing to Paf 36th)
    2.) EBMM JP 12 7 string - Dimarzio Illuminator bridge and Dimarzio Liquifire (changing to Illuminator neck)
    3.) EBMM Luke III PDN neptune blue - Dimarzio Transition Bridge, custom Dimarzio Single Coils
    4.) Ibanez JS2410 - Dimarzio MoJo bridge, Satchtrack neck
    5.) Ibanez Jem FP2 - Dimarzio Gravity Storm bridge and neck, Evolution middle

Don't like the Super distortion as much in my Axcess and the Transition is a bit too hot in the neck of that particular guitar.

• I must add at this point that with the premier amplification my new atomic clr wedge has made all these pups very clearly different but all great. Kinda wish I didn't buy the lundgren m7 tho cuz it's not necessary anymore

• i manly use 2 Tom Anderson guitars and a Fender strat Tom Andersons have different Tom Anderson singelcoils but same HB in bridge , Vintage voiseing. very responding and dynamic on the Kemper as on my tube amp! Sustains a lot more on ex. Mesa dual R. Than the highgain on my tubeamp!

• I'm using (and loving :D ) EMG DG20 on my '89 Clapton Strat. DG20 has 3 Alnico type EMG-SA Pickups.

Clean Sense -5.0 dB
    Distortion Sense -5.0 dB

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

Edited 2 times, last by Noyan ().

• Seymour Duncan SH-5 (PRS SE Singlecut)
    EMG actives (ESP MII & LTD MH1000)
    PRS HFS treble/Vintage Bass (PRS Custom 24)
    Seth Lovers (Navigator)
    BKP Warpig (Ibanez prestige S model)
    BKP Nailbomb (ESP Potbelly Original)

So, all Humbuckers, and mostly fairly high output.