what kind of PU do you use?

• it varies, but I have humbs in 3 guitars and singles in one. They are: T tops in Gibson LP custom, dimarzios D sonic and Air Norton in Carvin, custom dimarzios in MM Axis, Dimarzios Areas in Warmoth strat.

• Mainly use an EVH Wolfgang Humbucker, Bill Lawrence HBR/L Humbucker that came stock with my 89 Les Paul Standard, and have a few guitars equipped EMG 81 in the bridge. I fine Clean Sense at - 6 and Distortion Sense at 0.0 works best, that's low enough for any of my pickups to not clip into the red and keep the clean tones balanced with the overdriven rigs.

The EVH is the lowest output, then Bill Lawrence followed by the active 81 being the loudest, however I find it easiest with the EVH to clip the input probably due to it having a greater dynamic range and headroom than the active 81 running at 9V

• Zhangbucker custom wound.
    Take awhile to get a set, but it's worth waiting for them
    to be hand wound to your specs.

All humbuckers for me with his "splat" option for coil tapping partial into the 2nd coil.

Almost all my guitars have 5 way super mega switches or push-pull switches for coil tapped tones.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

Edited once, last by GLiDE-BPM ().

• Most are med output buckers I think:

Bridge:
    Duncan JB
    Duncan Custom
    PRS 57/08
    Bareknucle Ceramic War Pig

Neck:
    Duncan '58
    Duncan Full Shred
    Duncan Lil '59
    PRS 57/08
    Bareknuckle Miracle Man

• I have a Schecter KM7 (Keith Merrow Sig) and it has the Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient combo in it. I like it a lot, the humbuckers are pretty high output and are coil tapped so the guitar gets a pretty nice range of tones both dirty and clean. I am really impressed with that guitar. I tried a set of DiMarzio Ionizers in it but I didn't like them.

• I dont have an ahb 1, but I play 6 strings, and tune down to B standard. it seemed to give me the clarity i needed, and I do dig the mids/a vintage tone and thats why I like it better than an 81, but ive been fooling around with a 60 in the neck with the ahb3., I also play V guitars mostly and I found they have the best roundness in that shape. In some wierd way it souns like a hopped up SH-2 Jazz, which I also have in another V that I dig that sound too, now my go to passive for V's
    clear as mud eh?

• Burstbuckers on my R9
    SC's on my 50s CS Tele
    TV Jones on my Gretsch
    Häussel P90 Type on my WBS Pedalsteel
    all stock PU's LP + Tele have Cryo Tuning and changed to the better after this

Clean + Dist Sense at 0

zuviel thread macht blead

• Ive had a set of Kinman wood stocks in my strat for a while now, an luv um with the KPA...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user