what kind of PU do you use?

• The DiMarzio DP166 BK improved the sound of my Charvel definitely. Apart from that i usually use HighOutput Humbuckers.
    But i like Burstbuckers very much and have a single coil strat as well.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I'm noticing most people are boosting their input sensitivities. I actually have to turn my clean sens way down to about -3.0db to -9.0db to prevent the input from clipping (and when the LED goes red I get a loud popping/crackling noise).

What's the matter here?

• what's feeding your Profiler?

if you want, please post a reply after voting with a short description of your main pickup and your clean sense and distortion sense settings.

I'm wondering if there should be some categories for bass pickups as well. I tired dialing in the clean sense for my bass using the recommended method of using my ear, leveling out distorted and clean sounds. I had to turn the CS way up high, but that resulted in clipping on each hit.

• I have a 'Jazz' pickup in the neck and an EVO2 in the bridge. The 'Jazz' pickup for rock will clean up that flubby bass side of the tones and make it very useable when driven pretty hard. Not sure if anyone else has done that before but it does make an incredible difference to the neck tones in rock. Guitar is an Ibanez RG550LTD kicked to hell and back...

Careful I'm watching you...

• I'm noticing most people are boosting their input sensitivities. I actually have to turn my clean sens way down to about -3.0db to -9.0db to prevent the input from clipping (and when the LED goes red I get a loud popping/crackling noise).

What's the…

Id say Nothing I have to do the same,On most of my guitars I use GuitarHeads Fat Poles.Love 'em, and they're reasonably priced.You didnt say if they were passive or active.Mine are passive.You could try lowering the pups away from the strings.

• I dont care about input sence. Both at zero for all my guitas and i dont miss a thing.
    Pu's:
    Les pauls : 57 er Gibson pu's
    Jem 7 v wh: dimarzio evolution complete
    Jem 77 fp: dimarzio evolution in bridge position, paf in middle and neck postion
    American Stratocaster: Suhr pu's
    Music man Jp6 bfr: piezo and liqifire neck and chrunchlab bridge dimarzio

cheers
    Frank

• Still Zhangbucker custom wounds! All the way!

Humbuckers with coil taps except for my Tele.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

Edited once, last by GLiDE-BPM ().

• I use both single coil and humbuckers equally. For humbuckers my all time favorite are the PRS 59/09 set with a DC resistance of 9.3k(bridge) and 8.4k(neck) they're a bit hot with an amazing clarity. For single coils, I've gone through many of them and settled with Fralin's real 54's with the noise canceling back plate which works incredibly well. I also have the Suhr VLP60 but they lack the complex tone associated with the originals and the Fralin 54's so they're destined to my "pickup cemetery" box which is getting quite full!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80