Anyone Try Their KPA Through a Pair Of Equator D5 Monitors?

• I'm looking for Studio Monitors to use with my KPA when it arrives. Someone mentioned the Equator D5 powered monitors on another forum. The reviews on the D5's are excellent, especially for a 5" driver. I'm still wrestling with the idea of the KPA or any modeling device sounding good through small studio monitors. But I need monitors with a small footprint for my place in Florida. Anyone have experience with the KPA through the Equator D5's? How about other small studio monitors?

• The Equator D5's were suggested by someone on the gear page. He told me you have to hear them to believe. I talked to Customer Service at Equator yesterday. The D5's are $299 Per Pair and come with a 60 day unconditional money back guarantee. He said he can count the returns on on hand. They only sell direct. He said if they were sold at Guitar Center, They'd be $700 a pair. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5…ith_DSP_300_Pair_p/d5.htm

• The features seem very nice.
    Concentric tweeter, front bass reflex, nice frequency response.
    And the price is very very low.
    Obviously I don't trust that much what customer service says about how much they would cost if sold thru a different distributor, but 60 days money back is a good warranty.
    If I were in the USA i'd take a look for sure.

• The features seem very nice.
    Concentric tweeter, front bass reflex, nice frequency response.
    And the price is very very low.
    Obviously I don't trust that much what customer service says about how much they would cost if sold thru a different distributor, but 60 days money back is a good warranty.
    If I were in the USA i'd take a look for sure.

Understanding consumer markups from my pre retirement years, I'd say the $700 statement is reasonably close if you consider distribution in the mix.

• Yeah, add 40-50% per passage... it grows quickly!

Resonator: are you going to buy two? This would go for a huge sound, provided that you're satisfied with the low range (EQing the KPA's output could anyway be of help).

• Well, I'm pretty sure that Distributors don't work fro free ;)
    I think that a distributor wouldn't pay them 300$, but probably 200-250.
    And maybe they would sell them for 500, by the way it's not our problem ;)
    I'd take a look for sure, they seem a good product, but only ears can tell.

You've got that right! After all the talk, spec's and discussion, it always comes down to the actual sound.

You might find the following quote from the president of Equator interesting. Especially since the Q-Series he mentioned was actually sold by dealers for $3000 per pair.

The Q8 for $499.99 each ....

A Quick Message from the President - February 7, 2012
    Hello All,
    The introduction of the D5 has proven the online sales model to be very effective. Our upswing in internet activity is well beyond our projections. In monitoring the blogs and in reviewing our received email communications, requests for an 8" version of the D5 has been quite pronounced. We are able to most quickly address those requests through the re-channeling of the existing Q8. The Q8, through normal sales channels (distributor, rep and dealer) had previously cost the end-user $3000 per pair ($1500 each). By selling direct online only and eliminating the middle men we are able to deliver this highly developed, feature laden product for $499 each (under $1k per pair). To make it the best possible tool we are including the Automated Room Analysis Software at no extra charge. Understand, this is the exact same Q8 ... nothing has changed but the distribution method and the price.

• I really like companies like that.I found Aperion Audio by word of mouth on the internet and that company sells direct as well and I have never heard better home speakers in that price range. Carvin is another good example.

• Just to get back to your original question, I think it's important to know what type of music you mostly play and what profiles you use, because from my experience I doubt you'll be able to get one monitor that does it all well.

• Just to get back to your original question, I think it's important to know what type of music you mostly play and what profiles you use, because from my experience I doubt you'll be able to get one monitor that does it all well.

Mostly cleans and mild OD. Fender amps, Amp Factory Champ 64, Lindy Frallin VVT clean.

• My studio monitors are not satisfactory and I'm using similar profiles to what you mentioned. I'm getting perfect sound using AKG
    K240 DF headphones, so I know I should be able to also get good sounds thru small speakers. I think the prob. w studio monitors is the tweeter, the extended range tends to make a guitar sound tinny, So I'm going to try what others here are doing and that is: use a small guitar amp with a aux. input or power amp input. Some members are raving about the cheap little Fender Frontman G15. It would prob. work pretty good for what you want.

• Have read good response about those monitors though I havnt used them. A budget info would help know what u can spend. I think aroun the 1200 on up range will get yiu into something more serious for mixin. But if for just home playing they should work great.

• My studio monitors are not satisfactory and I'm using similar profiles to what you mentioned. I'm getting perfect sound using AKG
    K240 DF headphones, so I know I should be able to also get good sounds thru small speakers. I think the prob. w studio monitors is the tweeter, the extended range tends to make a guitar sound tinny, So I'm going to try what others here are doing and that is: use a small guitar amp with a aux. input or power amp input. Some members are raving about the cheap little Fender Frontman G15. It would prob. work pretty good for what you want.

I own a Peavey Nashville that I use for steel guitar. Very, very clean tone. I wonder if it would work with the Kemper? Here's a link to the spec's. what do ya think?

http://www.peavey.com/products…74/104983/Nashville%20112

• I demo my Kemper in music stores everyday.
    It sounds excellent through almost any studio monitors.
    Sounds great through my cheapie Behringers, sounds greater through my favourite studio monitors, Genelecs.

Don't worry about it, whatever studio monitors you use at whatever price, the KPA sounds superb...and it makes no difference whether it's a pure clean tone or Ola Englund's crushing Mesa Boogie Profiles.