Are The Amp Factory Profiles Accurate To The Sound Clips?

• In other words, does the Amp Factory Profiles actually sound like the samples when you download to you KPA? The two that I really like best are the Champ 64 and Lindy Frallin VVT. I'm talking about the clean tone on the VVT. Do you find you're not making many changes after loading the Amp Factory profiles, or are you needing to do a lot of tweaking to get the sound in the clips? Has anyone bought the two profiles I mentioned?

• In other words, does the Amp Factory Profiles actually sound like the samples when you download to you KPA? The two that really best are the Champ 64 and Lindy Frallin VVT. I'm talking about the clean tone on the VVT. Do you find you're not making many changes after loading the Amp Factory profiles, or are you needing to do a lot of tweaking to get the sound in the clips? Has anyone bought the two profiles I mentioned?

I can only speak to the VVT clip as I tracked it. The clean clip you hear was recorded using a stock profile. That said, every guitar sounds different and you will likely need to do some minor tweaking to match your guitar and tonal tastes. My approach with the Amp Factory stuff if a profile needs tweaking (many times they do not) is bypass any EQs/boosts, dial the reverb to taste, and tweaks to the presence and cabinet character parameter. Nothing fancy and takes 2 minutes tops.

• Although I don't own the above mentioned profiles, I concur with Will's comments. I completely agree with Will's statement that "...every guitar sounds different and you will likely need to do
    some minor tweaking to match your guitar " but you have to do this with a tube amp as well so in that regard its not much different. . Every Amp Factory profile I've purchased and I've bought several have required tweaking to my ears, type of guitar and room/sound reproduction. The tweaking however has been relatively minor and not time consuming. You won't be disappointed with the profile but you will have to spend some time with the Kemper to best the best out of it. My favorites to date have been the 59 Bassman, Trainwreck and Two Rock profiles. Also download the free profiles Andy has on his site.

• Although I don't own the above mentioned profiles, I concur with Will's comments. I completely agree with Will's statement that "...every guitar sounds different and you will likely need to do
    some minor tweaking to match your guitar " but you have to do this with a tube amp as well so in that regard its not much different. . Every Amp Factory profile I've purchased and I've bought several have required tweaking to my ears, type of guitar and room/sound reproduction. The tweaking however has been relatively minor and not time consuming. You won't be disappointed with the profile but you will have to spend some time with the Kemper to best the best out of it. My favorites to date have been the 59 Bassman, Trainwreck and Two Rock profiles. Also download the free profiles Andy has on his site.

Will and Rob, thanks for the replies. Yea, I understand about the guitar used and tweaking to taste. My post sounded like I wanted exact results upon loading the profiles. I know better. As long as I can get there without rebuilding the profile, I'd be very happy with the Amp Factory profiles. :thumbup: I just hope I don' have to end up spend a small fortune on Studio Monitors to have the Kemper sound good.

• Will and Rob, thanks for the replies. Yea, I understand about the guitar used and tweaking to taste. My post sounded like I wanted exact results upon loading the profiles. I know better. As long as I can get there without rebuilding the profile, I'd be very happy with the Amp Factory profiles. :thumbup: I just hope I don' have to end up spend a small fortune on Studio Monitors to have the Kemper sound good.

All my monitoring options are extremely frugal. I'm using an affordable pair of M-Audio monitors and Sennheiser HD280 Pros for pretty much all my monitoring. I've got several live rig options, but haven't needed to fire any of them up other than for brief testing. though I do have a rehearsal this weekend...

• All my monitoring options are extremely frugal. I'm using an affordable pair of M-Audio monitors and Sennheiser HD280 Pros for pretty much all my monitoring. I've got several live rig options, but haven't needed to fire any of them up other than for brief testing. though I do have a rehearsal this weekend...

Will, you may have already told me in another thread, but which M-Audio Monitors are you using?

• Will, you may have already told me in another thread, but which M-Audio Monitors are you using?

I don't recall the exact model, but they are one of the more affordable lines, not the higher dollar ones. I'll check tonight. I'm typically not the type of player who has to have the best of everything and typically my gear budget is extremely modest. The Kemper was by far the most I've ever spent on a single piece of equipment. As such, my "make it work" opinions may be in stark contrast to those with more discerning audio tastes...

• To this discussion, I would also probably add that apart from all guitars being different, the person playing the samples is going to make an equally large difference.

In the studio, we say that to change a sound the first thing you do is change the player, then the instrument, then the mic etc etc.

While The Amp Factory's profile might have a Strat playing through a clean amp and it sounds a certain way, your Strat and your playing will almost certainly sound different.

For my playing, I do tweak almost all the profiles from The Amp Factory (and other ones I've downloaded from the Rig Exchange) a little bit. :thumbup:

• Same here. Apart from the exotic stuff from Bill Ruppert I've tweaked all my profiles to my guitars/taste

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff