Burningyen...I'm craving some Floyd rigs...

• Burningyen,
    Just curious if you used the "muffin" in your profiles? I can't seem to dial it in with the DR103. Any tips here or are you using a real Muff in front?

Yeah, I'm finding the Muffin tricky too. It doesn't sound or behave like the Big Muffs I prefer (clones/variations on the 1973 Ram Head model). It's darker, gainier and not as smooth. It's too bad, because the Muff sim in my RP355 pretty much nails the tone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD9BVvRk3UE

I'm getting the best results putting the Compressor sim in front of the Muffin. I can't say that I have it 100% dialed in yet, but at least it's smoother, less spitty. I may try inserting an EQ before or after to see if I can get it closer to the Ram Head. It would be nice if Christoph added some more Muff variations, or maybe different transistor/tonestack options.

• Ben,

You could include a "fairly close" free or factory profile with no regrets - I imagine the main attraction is the time-based effects. Armed with those, and a single coil pickup guitar, all it takes is the feel, touch, sensitivity and passion. Those solos are so much fun to play.

The band I'm in now doesn't do any Floyd - but, my "Run Like Hell" G-System patch just happens to be perfect for "Don't You Forget About Me", too :)

• The problem is kind of unique when it comes to the Kemper.

For 13 years I've been sharing "patches" of various modellers, all the Line 6 Pods, the Tonelab, etc, etc.
    However, with the Kemper it's become all about sharing Profiles, not rigs.

It's a bit of a problem when someone buys a commercial Profile, changes the cab, changes the EQ, tweaks the amp block settings, adds all sorts of FX, Compressor, Boosts, EQs, etc, etc, but is not allowed to share the NEW "Rig" file because the original Profile was a commercial one.

• The problem is kind of unique when it comes to the Kemper.

For 13 years I've been sharing "patches" of various modellers, all the Line 6 Pods, the Tonelab, etc, etc.
    However, with the Kemper it's become all about sharing Profiles, not rigs.

It's a bit of a problem when someone buys a commercial Profile, changes the cab, changes the EQ, tweaks the amp block settings, adds all sorts of FX, Compressor, Boosts, EQs, etc, etc, but is not allowed to share the NEW "Rig" file because the original Profile was a commercial one.

I agree 100%

• While tweaking for a Gilmour Live at Gdansk tone (the best guitar tone I have ever heard in all my life), I have found something which could interest others as well.
    The typical Gilmour approach can be boiled down to: A nice clean tube amp, throw pedals before it and that's it. Now, what I have done so far was experiment with the Muff-stomp from the Kemper and other overdrive sounds. Now, tonight I read about cabinets on the forum and how they have a real big influence on the profiled sound. So I had a Hiwatt clean profile (by the ampfactory) and a recti-shaper and muff combination. When I experimented with different cabs, I found that cabs that were profiled with a high gain amp or a pedal in front of the clean amp sound much better.

So:
    Clean amp - switch the cab for one from a higher gain amp profile

In my case I used some of Andi44s cabinets that were done with a pedal in front of them. I don't know whether this leads to a Nirvana, but I guess it's defnitely worth a try.