Kemper Using Eleven Rack for Interface to Record via SPDif

• Hi,

Has anyone setup to record their Kemper through an Eleven Rack via SPDif? I have been looking at upgrading my interface for a while and Sweetwater has this awesome deal going on for $699.

I would like to configure things like this unless there is a better/more optimum way to do it.

Kemper -> Eleven Rack via SPDIF output
    Eleven Rack -> Monitors via Main Output

I am assuming you can pass to the Monitors an unmolested tone via the Eleven Rack. Can someone confirm this can be done?

Thanks

USMC7312

MY GEAR:
    Taylor T5 Koa, Taylor SBS1, Fender Select Koa Telecaster | PRS SE 50 w/ 2x12 Cab | Kemper Profiling Amp | 2x Tannoy 601a Monitors

• I have an 11R on the way. I'll let you know if no one else does.

• I currently use an eleven rack as a Soundcard with my Kemper at home You can easily do both things you want but if you need an interface only and don't care for the eleven rack sounds i highly recomend NOT buying an eleven rack as a soundcard only. Eleven will work and will sound good but it definitely has faults as a soundcard especially if you don't use pro-tools even my old mbox 1 out performs it as a soundcard for that amount of money you could get a much better soundcard than 11. If however you intend to use elevens amp sims or fx it maybe worth going for. Just bear in mind Avids piss poor support because it will bite you in the near future there will be new windows/mac os versions in the future and avid will not release drivers for them soon as they drop support for eleven rack leaving you in the shit if you upgrade in the future and that time looks very soon imo

• I have purposely held off buying an Eleven Rack b/c I don't trust Avid. They seem to enjoy the sales on what is a good an popular product, but for some reason, they are uncommitted to the platform. Its almost like they made a cool device to sell their software, but want nothing to do with it or its future.

So much for this idea. I was really buying it for Pro Tools anyway. That said, I use Cubase and was just going to give the competition a shot. I have always been weary of Avid, so this just confirms my need to stay with Cubase. I will go with my second thought and buy the Babyface. I know I can trust Cubase and RME.

Thanks for the help.

USMC7312

MY GEAR:
    Taylor T5 Koa, Taylor SBS1, Fender Select Koa Telecaster | PRS SE 50 w/ 2x12 Cab | Kemper Profiling Amp | 2x Tannoy 601a Monitors

• I had an 11R for a couple of years and sold it earlier this year. It's a nice unit and the expansion pack is great but it's pretty much dead for any updates from Avid at this point. I'm a long time user of Pro Tools since 1998 but I'm slowly considering moving out and away to Performer 8 after trying it out at a larger studio and playing with it. What a great program!

• I can't make the S/PDIF out of the Kemper work with my 11R either, has anyone succeeded in doing this? The Eleven Rack says the digital clock at the S/PDIF input is "invalid or none".