Going from profile to browse mode...the sound changes.

• In fact it changes two times.
    First when you store the profile the KPA removes static noises if there are some.
    Then when you switch from the "profile mode" to the "browse mode" the sound changes again.
    You can go back and forth and it still happens.
    In the profile mode the sound seems more open to me.

Edited once, last by mba ().

• Yes, that's true - I always have to check the sound of my profiles in browse mode.

'would like the profile mode to sound identical.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I experienced that to, really confusing, pulled my guitar apart, changed cables and was in limbo for a couple of days until i discovered this problem with the KPA,

• It happens in all firmware versions and it is not a bug.
    When you profile a slightly crunched amp, it will have a volume compensation for the lower gain. But the volume compensation is contraproductive during the profiling process, thus switched off.
    When you return to the browse mode, the volume compensation is activated, increasing thenvolume of the sound a bit.
    The sound is not coloured by this whatsoever.

• I was not able to reproduce what i heard exactly when i wrote this thread but there is always something that bother me.
    http://snd.sc/TflEjs

Here you can check when the KPA removes the static noises then after the second push on the store button the attack begins to sound dull. I can hear and feel it.
    It happens with 5.4 too.
    The best tone is the one i got just after the static noise is removed.

• This is what I've noticed too as per my post 3 Sept.

Refined profile sounds different when stored

Has anybody else noticed this? I do the profile and it's never spot
    on so I refine and I get the sound so it's very close to the reference
    amp (although I've never managed 100%). I then mute the reference amp so
    all I can hear is the new profile in my cans. yes, sounding good. I
    then store and instantly the sound changes. Volume goes down, sound
    thins out and gets a bit harsh and gritty. I have tried system reset but
    this still happens.

I've just tried playing KPA in profile mode and yes I can hear a difference in the sound - for the better in my view.

Vintage amp obsessive

Edited once, last by professortweed ().

• Nobody else seems to notice a problem.
    However, it would be helpful if you could send soundclips for comparison to the support.

• Nobody else seems to notice a problem.
    However, it would be helpful if you could send soundclips for comparison to the support.

I can't listen to the links above anyway,
    Today tring to profile an Amp (fw1.6.0) i heard small differences and I recorded some clips,
    i've just sent them to support
    I hope it could help. :)