Wah pedals - should I go traditional or get expression pedal like BOSS FV500-H?

• I want to add a wah pedal to my Kemper. I was wondering if I should go with a traditional wah pedal or get something like the Boss FV500-H expression pedal? Would there be any advantage getting a real Wah over the Boss pedal? I have not used any wah in my Kemper yet so I am unsure what route to take.

Also can someone please tell me what Wah pedals are profiled in the Kemper?

Thanks for any advice.

• definitely an expression pedal!

I had them all, I mean the real ones. now sold them all because the wah in the kemper is outstanding.

get the exp pedal because you have a ton of advantages that you don't have with a real wah.

I suggest you search this foru for the word 'wahwah' and you will get a great discussion on this matter with a fantastic wah setting by christoph kemper..........

mic

p.s.: still have one bad horsie 2 available, though, that I wanto to sell after I tried the kemper wah.
    and trust me on this, the keper wah is really the thing! I do a lot of vai style which is full of wah and it sounds just like the Vai one.............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Fantastic! I'll go with the Boss expression pedal then. It sounds like it will be more than adequate and serve my needs.

Thanks!

• +1 The wah in the KPA is excellent. Don't forget to add the wah effect to a slot after you get your expression pedal, and either lock it or save it in your presets.

• I agree, the KPA is excellent if you use those "Crybaby" settings. I really love the fact that the touch activation really works without any noticable transition effect. It just blends in and fades out very smooth which is something i always disliked about traditional WAHs

+1000 I love this feature!!

• I agree, the KPA is excellent if you use those "Crybaby" settings. I really love the fact that the touch activation really works without any noticable transition effect. It just blends in and fades out very smooth which is something i always disliked about traditional WAHs.

What do you mean by touch activation? The wah will activate without a switch just using it like a bad horsie? Would you compare the quality with a Fulltone Clyde?

Pierre

• What do you mean by touch activation? The wah will activate without a switch just using it like a bad horsie? Would you compare the quality with a Fulltone Clyde?

Pierre

Yes, it works like a bad horsie but way smoother. Never used a Fulltone but many others. I don´t miss anything...

• What do you mean by touch activation? The wah will activate without a switch just using it like a bad horsie? Would you compare the quality with a Fulltone Clyde?

Pierre

it means that the wah can be activated by various methods: either by just playing and it follows your picking and playing dynamics, or by having the pedal to the heel or to the toe position. I love the move/stop activation though which is if I touch the pedal it activates if I rest the pedal without my foot on it it deactivates himself...............

another advantage is the fact that you have less things between your guitar and the amp. of course there are a lot of truebypass things on the market but I tend to not put a thing between my guitar and the kemper.............

mic

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• The Kemper wah is actually quite good. The ability for it to engage when the pedal is moved is just a fantastic feature. And its tweakable enough to cover the sounds of quite a few different wahs. The biggest difference will be in feel of the expression pedal throw versus a dedicated wah. Expression pedals almost always have a wider throw which takes some getting used to. But tonally, it delivers IMHO.

Here's a clip with the Kemper Wah (around the :54 mark) controlled by a Behringer FCB1010.

http://soundcloud.com/willchen28/kemper-soundside-52-deluxe

• Great disscussion guys. I'm very excited. I ordered the Boss FV500H expression pedal. Do I need any specialized cables to hook it up? Will a simple 1/4 inch instrument cable work?

• definitely an expression pedal!

I suggest you search this foru for the word 'wahwah' and you will get a great discussion on this matter with a fantastic wah setting by christoph kemper..........

My fantastic wah settings (and you are right, they are really fantastic :) ) can be found in the factory local presets for Wah.
    Enter the desired effect slot by holding its button, then browse with the Browse knob to the WAH effects.